• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting CUCV

kbar

OK so I am obtaining my first CUCV, not from a liquidation site. I have spoke with them and they said that they cannot get me a SF-97. Is there ANY other way to get the CUCV titled in the state of Texas? I have researched a bonded title, and that looks like my only option, which I am ok with. Just wondering if they like contact the GSA about it, or if there are any other ways. Thanks SGT K-BAR

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who is "they"?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is this in the GL forum, if you are not talking about GL?

p3amea6

I got mine form a used car lot, got the government tital ,it was from the Va. Air Gard . Was not striped had all gov. equipment. if it is legit it should have some kind of title

kbar

They, my company that I am in. We have a CUCV that has dropped off our property books, and is on no one elses. And has been for 3 years now. And sorry I didnt really know where else to put this thread, I assumed here since, my question is somewhat similar to GL.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An sf-97 can only be issued to the first person(business) that acquires the vehicle.

If they have no title, they can't sell it to you(legally).

"dropping off the books" sounds pretty shady to me.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am reading from your reply that you are still in the military and your unit has a CUCV that is not on their inventory sheet.

You can not get anything directly from the Military.

I don't think a CUCV that is "off the books" is worth a visit to Levenworth.

YMMV