• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

getting discouraged with the CUCV

Terracoma

That's roughly what's being paid if you buy them directly from GovLiq in "surplus" condition and needing love.

Trucks that are privately owned, titled and tagged, and freshly serviced will fetch much higher prices.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Oh, OK. Because I'm thinkin I'm awfully upside down on mine 8<)/QUOTE]

If you think being upside down on a CUCV is bad buy a M915....the price was right but the insurance and tags keep me underwater gasping for air.

I could prob sell it for a profit now but then I would just have to buy another tractor to pull the van with.....it never ends.auaauaaua

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, the truck has been parked in the garage a coupla months, its not 1000 degrees outside, I'm ready to take a look at it again. So first thing I did was go to NAPA to get the crankcase breather hardware...no luck with the part numbers listed in this thread or others. Same with ORiellys auto parts (used to be Checkers). I referenced the 6.2 J-code diesel = no joy. ooookaaaay, is there a modern equivalent for a sytem of 3 parts (oil filler cap + hose + crankcase vent that bolts to the valve cover ) ?

cpf240

So first thing I did was go to NAPA to get the crankcase breather hardware...no luck with the part numbers listed in this thread or others. Same with ORiellys auto parts (used to be Checkers). I referenced the 6.2 J-code diesel = no joy. ooookaaaay, is there a modern equivalent for a sytem of 3 parts (oil filler cap + hose + crankcase vent that bolts to the valve cover ) ?
Have you tried cleaning the CDR valve ( the thing on the passenger side valve cover ) ? There are a few threads about this, and what to use, etc. I'll be doing mine soon. A neighbor of mine, who knows much more about diesels then I do, suggests using straight gasoline to cut the oil / diesel sludge that builds up in the CDR valve. His theory being that gas is in the same petroleum family, etc. Others have used things like brake cleaner, wd-40, diesel, diesel mixed with acetone, etc.

Otherwise, check one of those big internet auction sites. There are some for sale now and then, look for the HMMWV version, as they are generally considered to be the same part as used on the CUCVs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks