• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting GA title, insurance and registration. Easy, peazy.

signsup

Have been reading old threads and posts about how impossible it was going to be to get legal paperwork for GA. But, the threads are so old, I can't post updates on them so they are etched in internet concrete. But I purchased my 1985 M998 from a private seller, took my paperwork to GA tag office and applied for GA on road title. Arrived in less than two weeks. Then I obtained minimum GA insurance from JC Taylor for $120 a year and took my title, insurance card and a check for $20 and got GA on road license plates. So, I'm good to go, as far as I know.
Really don't know what all the stink about GA taking back title already issued, not allowing Humvees to be on the road, etc. We'll see if we get pulled over, but as far as I am concerned, we are street legal.jack title registration.JPG

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have been reading old threads and posts about how impossible it was going to be to get legal paperwork for GA. But, the threads are so old, I can't post updates on them so they are etched in internet concrete. But I purchased my 1985 M998 from a private seller, took my paperwork to GA tag office and applied for GA on road title. Arrived in less than two weeks. Then I obtained minimum GA insurance from JC Taylor for $120 a year and took my title, insurance card and a check for $20 and got GA on road license plates. So, I'm good to go, as far as I know.
Really don't know what all the stink about GA taking back title already issued, not allowing Humvees to be on the road, etc. We'll see if we get pulled over, but as far as I am concerned, we are street legal.View attachment 898123
Take time to read this thread (it will take awhile) it hasn't always been easy . I believe it was member Swiss (along with many others ) who spearheaded the movement to reform georgia https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/legal-issues-that-could-effect-all-mv-owners.110761/

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used Taylor many decades ago on my Unimogs, M422A1 and other great folks, at least back then.

Mavcaster

Really don't know what all the stink about GA taking back title already issued, not allowing Humvees to be on the road, etc. We'll see if we get pulled over, but as far as I am concerned, we are street legal.View attachment 898123
What format did you use for the VIN on the verification paperwork to obtain the title? My FMTV is in this format (T- - 12345BFLK) and that’s how it is written on the SF97 but the iron planet reassignment paperwork has it without the - -.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What format did you use for the VIN on the verification paperwork to obtain the title? My FMTV is in this format (T- - 12345BFLK) and that’s how it is written on the SF97 but the iron planet reassignment paperwork has it without the - -.
Your VIN on the title and whatever insurance series of numbers need to be the same. There have been several articles here before where the two didn't match and insurance didn't want to pay because the vehicle wasn't insured. We all know it's BS, but insurance is already a scam. Don't make it easy on them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks