• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

getting greasy handprints off CARC

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the transfer case upgrade, we got a bunch of greasy hand prints on the CARC. Do we just pressure wash it off at the 50 cent car wash or is there something else to clean with since it is CARC?

Bighurt

That'll work...

Soap and Bikini clad women help although not so much for the grease.

But it would help the calendar...LOL

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Best bet is to get some powdery(is that a word) dirt and rub it in. Wash it after the dirt if you feel the need.

Rustygears

I've used WD40 to clean dirty/greasy CARC radio cases, etc. It really works nice. Not sure if it works for oil or axle grease

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Purple stuff and a pressure washer.

DO NOT use too much pressure or get too close. You will leave marks in the CARC.

Do not ask me how I know this. :roll:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get lots of WVO off my CARC painted tanker. I was going to start a thread today asking for suggestions... lol. I'm thinking a steam cleaner.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get lots of WVO off my CARC painted tanker. I was going to start a thread today asking for suggestions... lol. I'm thinking a steam cleaner.
Steam cleaner would be my first choice on a big job like that!

WVO sticks to everything and stinks. I use either WD40 or diesel to clean up on small stuff. Dawn dishwashing soap works good too; just takes longer.

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd use brake cleaner if it was a small area, but a few cans of brake cleaner can get expensive.

For larger areas (fuel tank spills) I have used a mild detergent in hot water, applied with a medium bristle hand brush.

After cleaning, the prints and stains may still show, due to the porous nature of the paint and how the stains continue to retain a little water. Leave the truck in the sun a few days and the marks will disappear.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks