• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting mounted-where do you mount yours?

Welder Sam

My wrecker has a rack mounted to the rear portion of the trans tunnel btwn the seats. It also has 2 antenna mounts. One is on the drivers side fender and the other is on the drivers side of the hard top. Top of the scoop is even with the top of the door glass. One of my m35's have a scoop on the front passenger side of the bed. Didnt see any rack mounting locations tho. Thats the what and where but i have no why for ya brother. :beer:

preyn2

When I rig my fire trucks, I mount the antenna(ae) as far to the driver's side as possible. Trees tend to be higher toward the middle of the street, therefore less damage to my antenna(ae).

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my trucks had a radio system in it (M1009 doesn't count, we're talking Deuces). The base was under the co-drivers seat and judging by the holes on the side of the truck, the antenna was bolted to the passenger side, back towards the rear of the bed. Just a guess tho. If yours had an antenna at any time in the past, just follow the holes (does that sound wrong to anyone else?). That should give you the best idea of where to put yours.

Hope this helps2cents

I have an M35A3 that I fabricated a wooden frame for that fits in the glove/map box and holds both my stereo and CB radio. I mounted a 4' fiberglass antenna on both the headlight coves and used a signal splitter from "fire stick" that allows me to use both antennas for the CB and Stereo at the same time. Works great.

rlwm211

There is a SINGCARS installation manual over on www.jatonkam35s.com in the deuce TM section. The show mounting the antenna base on a pipe mounted in the driver's side Machine gun ring mount location on the back of the cab. This also shows the location for the radio itself.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When I first saw the title of this thread,-getting-mounted-where-do-you-mount--, I thought it was ANOTHER GIMP thread. :gimp2: :jumpin:

dmetalmiki

On the M45 Fire truck on the front body behind the drivers door. On the M62 Wrecker On the Scuttle panel just in front of the divers door imediately behind the Pioneer rack on the wing.(fender). (hard to see but pictures to show) .
On the M54 (camper with rhe russian body) Pssenger side on the front of the body. (air operated 60 foot mast. 25foot U.S. Flag)
All the trucks are fitted with Clansman Intercom and communication between vehicle in convoy. Clansman Arials on the centre top of all the trucks.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks