• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting ready to buy a M35A2

wyattbrown178

Im thinking about buying an M35A2, but don't know what would be better. A hard top or a soft top? Which one is louder? I also live in Eastern kansas (Stilwell) and I was wondering if any of you guys know of a place near me that could bob it for me? Any other advice in general would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A hardtop will protect you against the elements better.

Not much difference in the noise level since most of it comes in through the cab and not the roof.

You can add a muffler if you want to but most of us just use hearing protectors.

I added a muffler to my naturally aspirated multi-fuel M275 and still have to wear my protectors.

Any good offroad fab shop can prob bob it for you if that is your aim.

Be careful in that respect since a butcher job can get you or someone else killed.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot comment on the which is louder 'cause my trucks so far have been hard tops.

Get ear protection!

I have no advise for you on getting a bobber jobber. Just have to look around.

Welcome!

Rick

cessnatwin

If you can get a hard top and winch truck at a good price, get it! He is right you can cheaply have a soft top, but it is difficult to go the other way around

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tend to like a soft top better. It's alot easier to remove/install by yourself and I just like the looks of them better. I also think the soft tops are a little quieter. It does require more maintenance though. The other posters do make a good arguement that it would be cheaper to buy a hardtop truck and then buy a soft top if you wanted both.

KsM715

Hmmm my bobber is almost done.8) It has a winch and will have a hard top when Im done. wonder where I could sell it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks