• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting ready to paint

halftrack

I cant believe you have done all that since the time I left on Saturday. By the way, I already have the tires on the wrecker and it is like a totally different truck. Super Singles is the way to go.

sermis

7 Hemet lock ring wheels w/16.00 20's mounted, 5 15.5 20's with 4 built rims, armored shield, gun ring, and a few other odds and ends.

halftrack

Lug bolts

No problems with the rear, However, the front lugs are just a little shy from getting a full nut length on. I am not worried though. Eventually I will change them to longer ones but it is not a show stopper. I will post pics soon.

sermis

Well she is turning green. Last week I ran out of sand. This week it was compressor issues. The large hydraulic hose decided to leek. Well 4 gallons of 7 on the ground. You know it has to happen in the afternoon while everyone is closed. I had an old pump for my log splitter out back and robbed the hose off of it. It had a small leak but able to continue. Loss of about 1 gallon of oil per hour now. Well while putting the hose on I broke a plastic line. No biggie as I used fuel hose to splice and it worked until you shut the compressor down and it loads with pressured hydraulic oil. Rear frame and axels done. 1 coat of paint on the cab, motor, hood. Next weekend to do the front frame and axel and then another weekend to do the rest of the parts removed.

Attachments

sermis

Nothing like a picture to see where you missed with the paint gun. Green , red, green..................................

sermis

I also did the front of my new, well new to me, drop side bed. Forgot to get pic's while the sun was shinning. Once installed it will be repainted to match the truck.

Attachments

sermis

Well the air compressor was still broken and can’t blast so I decided to put the front axel back together. New solid boot. Thought I would also put the drop side bed on so it needed tires. I had 3 NDT’s mounted. I remounted a road tread 9.00. I was 2 short. Thought about pulling the ones from the 105 but that would be too much work. I had 2 10.00 15 trailer tires and rims. One tire has a cut but I am not planning on a road trip, just get the bed mounted, power wash and paint. The 15” rim will not clear the brake drum. These would work if someone wanted some bling bling to the truck.

Attachments

sermis

Rapco's semi gloss Marine Corp forest green. In the last few pic's there is a light sand dust from the blsting that would not wash off with water from the hose.
Pic 15 looks good. Pic 17 has the sun shinning on part of the truck.

sermis

Well I blasted and primed the under side front last weekend. I think more primer went in the air than on the truck. We have been having 20mph winds all week so I waited to paint. wind is 5-10mph today but I have the truck in my shop. I started around noon and just finished up. Did have to go to town to get more thinner. It is starting to look like a truck again.
Still need to blast the other rims and paint them. The gun ring, legs, mud guards and other small parts also need to be blasted and painted.

I think I am going to put the Goodyears on the front and the lug 395's on the back.

Attachments

sermis

It is amasing how many flaws you can see with fresh paint. My parts truck has good fenders. Looks like a project for the wenter.

kcimb

Hey Sermis,

Where is Temple, Tx? I live up in Ft Worth...if you need help sometime i might be able to swing through and lend a hand.