• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting some winch parts

SSG ALBANESE

Hey guys, I found a deuce to scrap some parts for the winch set up.

It has the bumper (no winch attached) which I will swap with mine. For the record I know they are the same bumper but mine has some tree damage lol and no extensions for the frame.

Then I thought to myself... "PTO" so in a hurry I scuddeled myself under the truck and yippppeee their she was.

This is my question: Looks like I unbolt just 4 bolts from the side of the transfer case, true or false? (it was a quick glance, I really can count)

Once unbolted will it just slide out? What else do I take off to make my truck a W/W deuce?

Their is no winch nor drive line from PTO forward, the knuckle is their but seems the drive line shaft was cut in half.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the studs out too.

6 of them

And all of the lever and linkage. Floor plate too.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pto

SSG,

Be careful! It's a heavy part. 2cents. There are 6 nuts. There is a nut on the top of the PTO; it is a bit tricky to get to.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PTO will come off that easy but it's not as simple to re-install it (must be shimed).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
make sure to get the bracket that's bolted to the master cylinder. I can see how the unknowledgeable might think it's part of the master.

SSG ALBANESE

Great. Thank you for the useful tips. Its heavy, take all linkage, master cylindar mount, 6 studs.... now for shimming it I will check out the TM's. If anyone wants to share their experience on the best way to shim it I am all ears. Otherwise TM's here I come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks