• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting tag in Alabama

eeyore357

Well in about 6hrs I will be picking up my first m35a2!!! 28 degrees outside and it doesn't have heat. Still...SO EXCITED!!! :driver: The guy that I'm buying it from has it tagged as a "farm vehicle". Does anyone in AL know how difficult it will be to get a tag for road use?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easiest way to find out is to contact your local tag office. They have all the rules.

the rules change all the time and the public usually doesn't keep up with them.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm assuming that since it is an A2 it still has the original build date and VIN. If you are out in the county you can get a farm tag but that limits your range (legally). If you are in town you can just register it as a big truck but not commercial. Older vehicles do not require a title in Alabama. You can take your Bill of Sale and get a tag. I have registered them as a "Jeep" or "Kaiser" and not had a problem. If you are dealing with clueless DMV people it can get frustrating.

VP17IFT

I took a bill of sale (the tag office in Geneva didn't care about theFL title i got from the seller), proof of insurance, $189 and got an X1 tag GW up to 24K, no limitations on use non comercial.

eeyore357

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to work on getting insurance now.. State farm had no problem giving me insurance, but I thought the Deuce was a 1975 at the time. Now I think it's a 1961 and I think that will be a problem with SF

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks