• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert PA rally, September 19-20 2008

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Great time at Gilbert Show!

Oh man that was nice thanks for posting the pictures and I forgot to ask Mark if he could pass the cab top off to Tankersdad who lives just up the road from me.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Nice pictures Amy!!!
Thanks for all the help!! It was wonderful meeting and talking to you and hope to see y'all again soon.
I think it was a great show for everyone.

nickd

We had great weather and a big thanks to the Red Ball crew for putting it all together and for a job well done! I had a great time meeting everyone and I was able to add another 8 hours of running the mule. Too bad I will not see some of you guys until Jim Thorpe when our season starts all over again.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty uneventful ride up and back. I broke down 10 miles from Gilbert on the way to the show, broken accelerator return spring. A quick call to SrJeeper and jatonka, and Bill came out and helped me with the roadside service. Thanks!

Going back I was towing a CUCV for medlog, Gilbert PA to Hagerstown, MD. No problems at all, barely knew the CUCV was back there. BTW - medlog: you have any pictures of that trip?

Tried to get my vehicle judged for furthest distance driven to the show. I would've won last year hands down (winner had 110 miles or so, I had 270, but didn't enter my truck in the judging), but this year someone drove from Canada, 480 miles. Oh well, maybe next time! :)

Beautiful weather, lots of great trucks, and darnit if my camera's batteries were toast. I gotta get a new camera, mine goes through batteries like you wouldn't believe.

To those SteelSoldiers I met - emmado22, SrJeeper, sprucemt, ZiggyO, doghead, dhwife, NewMVGuy, nickd, Cdub, jatonka, yankeedeuce, Mike-Pop, medlog, etc. - IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU AGAIN! If I forgot anyone, sorry, my memory sux recently...

Anyone else have pictures of the event?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics were awesome, thanks! Gilbert looks like a nice show in a nice setting. That little grey homely looking MV looks familiar. Was Mike Pop there?

spentshell

Pics

Attachments

JeepMan

Whom got the best of show trophy?
It would be a toss-up between the greatly restored 1/2 ton Command Car or the ultra-rare FWD truck.
Surprisingly for as large as a show that is, they never get any living history displays there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked some of the living history displays the guys inside the fence did. One day, when I have time, I'm going to get out all my Vietnam stuff, see who wants to join me in the effort, and set up a big a$$ display of equipment, make a base camp, accessorize the vehicles, etc. It will be a lot of work, but it would be fun!

Mog1300L

I need a little help. I bought some transportation cases from a vendor and would like to get some more. Didn't get his name or number. He was all the way down to the right (as you came in) in the open field. He had a large white box truck with his name on the door, something surplus. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob
Unimog 1300L

powerhouseduece

maddawg308 said:
Pretty uneventful ride up and back. I broke down 10 miles from Gilbert on the way to the show, broken accelerator return spring. A quick call to SrJeeper and jatonka, and Bill came out and helped me with the roadside service. Thanks!

Going back I was towing a CUCV for medlog, Gilbert PA to Hagerstown, MD. No problems at all, barely knew the CUCV was back there. BTW - medlog: you have any pictures of that trip?

Tried to get my vehicle judged for furthest distance driven to the show. I would've won last year hands down (winner had 110 miles or so, I had 270, but didn't enter my truck in the judging), but this year someone drove from Canada, 480 miles. Oh well, maybe next time! :)

Beautiful weather, lots of great trucks, and darnit if my camera's batteries were toast. I gotta get a new camera, mine goes through batteries like you wouldn't believe.

To those SteelSoldiers I met - emmado22, SrJeeper, sprucemt, ZiggyO, doghead, dhwife, NewMVGuy, nickd, Cdub, jatonka, yankeedeuce, Mike-Pop, medlog, etc. - IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU AGAIN! If I forgot anyone, sorry, my memory sux recently...

Anyone else have pictures of the event?

yea it was alot of fun!! i broke down on the PA turnpike..... with no AAA. had to have the car towed 106 miles to jcappeljr's castle in pa. he saved my butt so bad it was going to cost me about $500 to get it towed but he lent me his AAA card and helped me out. it was all worth it to RIDE THE HALFTRACK

THANKS UNCLE JOHN!!!!
it goes to show you how many great people are really here!!!