• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Give some ideas please

Blueduce

My idea would be to do something like pritchie"s truck mod but with collapsible sides and benches. Kind of like an M35a2c but re-engineer the bed to side hinges so they will fold down to the inside and lay flat on the bed. They would be easy to install, not much modification needed from an old a2c bed. Just cut to size needed. The benches are already there.They would remove easily or be simply folded down out of the way.

RAYZER

Looks good Dukeman! What trailer are you hauling?when i did my tractor conversion,i took 10" off the frame and added the rear crossmember back in, that eliminated any clearance issues with my 6 ton trailer. I thought that rear fenders would be a good idea also, i think they could be mounted to the suspension so they can articulate with the wheels,that way they could be mounted close to the tires without rubbing.
I like your spare tire carrier,is that an original? Or was it fabricated to look like one?

I love my Tractor!!

Attachments

caliber1

Hey Ray, some of your tires are on backwards. :wink:

Nice truck Dukeman, articulating fenders sound very interesting.:driver:

Looks good Dukeman! What trailer are you hauling?when i did my tractor conversion,i took 10" off the frame and added the rear crossmember back in, that eliminated any clearance issues with my 6 ton trailer. I thought that rear fenders would be a good idea also, i think they could be mounted to the suspension so they can articulate with the wheels,that way they could be mounted close to the tires without rubbing.
I like your spare tire carrier,is that an original? Or was it fabricated to look like one?

I love my Tractor!!

RAYZER

Hey Ray, some of your tires are on backwards. :wink:

Nice truck Dukeman, articulating fenders sound very interesting.:driver:
Heck..im going to have to straighten out the tire thing,everyone notices!,$35.00 ea x 4 at the local truck tire place to turn them on the rims,that's alot of sonny's bbq !

Dukeman: who built this tractor?

Dukeman

lots of great ideas, I love the articulating fenders but I would like to understand the m35ac idea Blue has, any pictures of that Blue? I followed your build thread Rayzor. Very nice job. I pull a small 5th wheel Wildcat RV. Only weighs maybe 8,000 lbs. This tractor stays at the lake and only pulls the stuff down to the beach. Who built it? I've been sworn to secrecy. Is the tire carrier original? I wish I knew more about the build. I probably never will.

Hey, I have a question for you guys, the plaque on the dash says 15 lbs tire pressure for sand, is this ok to do? I dropped them to 20lbs and it made a huge difference but I am concerned about the split rim up front, should I be worried about it? I know most of the guys down at the lake drop to 15lbs, but I just thought I would get your opinions.