• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Giving humvee a service need advice

theman10k

Hi guys

Im doing an oil change on my humvee and need to know what oil to replace it with??
What type of oil and fuel filter do I need?
What Glow plugs are the best?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15w40 diesel rated oil for the engine. You'll need 8 quarts. For the filter, you have a few options:

Ac pf35

champion lab ph1218

fram hp4

fram ph13

fram ph5

mobil1m1302

motorcraftfl12

purol30040

purol34631

purol35132

wix51060

wix51061

Now for the glow plugs, do you have bad ones? Have you ohm'd them to check them? HMMWVs use 24v glow plugs that are specific to the HMMWV. (GM and CUCV 6.2/6.5 glow plugs are 12v)

Present conflict vehicle TM's can be found here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?119-Present-Conflict-Vehicles-TMs

That has the lube order (oils and liquid types and capacities) as well as the TM's that will help guide you through everything.

theman10k

thanks its an early 6.5L GM 24v and yes checked most of them and getting nothin and it takes forever to start so trying new plugs before i start looking at the plug brains

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks