• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL and SF97s

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to call on my wrecker on Monday but does anyone know do I have to pay GL extra for the SF97 or do they issue them now with the truck as part of the $601 fee I already am paying to GL on the truck?
James G.

westfolk

They get ya for another $60 bucks. Let me get the link here that talks about the deal. Post it in a couple minutes.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
You might want to check with your state DMV though as you might be able to get a title without a SF-97. Some allow a bill of sale. I always get the GL rep to sign a copy of the invoice for me at the time of pickup too.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So even on a newly purchased vehicle you have to take ownership and then have it inspected in your state of residence and then apply for a SF97?
James G.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had to fill in the form and submit a fax to them with the police instection certifcate. and they charged my account the 60 bucks.it only took around 2 weeks to get it to me. i guess you can do the same with a trailer?

westfolk

It all boils down to them just having another way to make cash. You figure $60 an SF97 by how many SF97s a month. That has to add up quick.

westfolk

pa.rich,
Yes. However take your "Paid in Full" invoice with you. The catch is some Notaries do not understand how to do the SF97. I had to help teach mine the first time. So the worst you will have to do is find a Notary that knows how to do the paperwork. Other than that, it's just like doing a title change for anything else. Question are you in Northeast, PA(Erie) or are you in northeast PA?(Scranton, Carbondale)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks