• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL and the SF-97 goofs

The Janiter

Of all things I never thought I would see is a gov. doc. no one reads - except health care.

My SF-97 came today - oh wonderful, time to title --------------- except it is for a "Diesel M35a2c Cargo Trailer"

and the reassignment letter is also for the same trailer.

I called the lady that signed this paper work and ask if in fact she read what she signed and she replied "what is wrong with it?

When she read her copy she said "if you would just send back those sheets we will send you the right ones"

Does any one see a pattern here or is it just me???

From the sale - to the EUC - to the time outs - we as a group need to try to help the less fortunate that have difficulty with common sense and can't read or do the job they are paid to do.

Or our we responsible for letting the school system getting to this place and becoming so ridicules because we don't spend the time it takes to change a broke system.

People this is only the tip of the iceberg - my kids and grand kids need more from us as a country.

We seam to spend more time on hobbies than on life and the future of our generations.

stumps

She was doing a boring, repetitive and thankless job, and she made a mistake, and offered to correct it. That's really pretty good.

Ever meet someone that makes a mistake, and then argues with you that it is right? The DMV comes to mind.

-Chuck

The Janiter

Perhaps - but that is a state of mind - you could say the same for any of us that do not like what we do for a living.

I design and build - if that was my mind set, the buildings I built would fall down like those in Haiti.

If some one does not like repetition in their work there are other alternatives to keep there mind sharp and focused.

When I am teaching my craft to others (say 35)I need to get there mind on target even if that means I present my subject 35 different ways.

stumps

So, you never make mistakes? (I can point out a few in your last post alone ;-) )

In her job, a mistake means a little wasted time, paper, and postage. Not really a big deal. There is no grave need for someone to check and double check her work. The instructions that came with your SF97 packet instructed you to check for mistakes.

The government saved a little taxpayer money by overworking the girl, and using you as the final acceptance check.

-Chuck

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the gov. DID NOT save the tax payers money, instead cost more by not having the person that signed and sent the sf-97 DO the JOB thay were PAID TO DO, by not doing it right the first time, the cost increased by doing it over and we wonder why sf-97 takes so long

it is always CHEAPER to do it right the frst time

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been waiting since September for my SF-97. It was "sent to battle creek". I wonder if it has been lost in battle. With my luck it will come back as a 1.5 ton truck. Which would be OK for me actually.:twisted:

stumps

the gov. DID NOT save the tax payers money, instead cost more by not having the person that signed and sent the sf-97 DO the JOB thay were PAID TO DO, by not doing it right the first time, the cost increased by doing it over and we wonder why sf-97 takes so long

it is always CHEAPER to do it right the frst time
That presumes that all things remain equal. It is cheaper to hire one person that makes a harmless mistake from time-to-time, than it is to hire two so you have someone to double check for harmless mistakes.

She made one mistake. How do you know that isn't an isolated incident? Given the hostile nature you guys have towards GL, and civil servants, I would think if mistakes were common we would be hearing a whole lot more about it on these boards... all we hear is how slow the process is... a common side effect of being overworked.

-Chuck

The Janiter

My grammatical errors cost no one time nor money.

GL has had a habit, if you read the posts, of making errors on a regular basis.

In my work, detail is where the mistakes are, so we do something we call "do diligence". Also, have at least three others double-check to make sure that in our rush to complete a task we have not had a brain lapse.

GL, if you have checked their website, is a multi-million dollar company, with worldwide, responsibilities. You would think with this type of money and this type of exposure that they would not have as many problems with checks and balances. But, in fact, from just the postings on this forum, it would seem that they are consistent across the board with errors.

None of us are perfect or we wouldn't walk this earth. It just frustrates some of us when we speak to someone on the phone and then they turn around and do exactly the opposite.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been waiting since September for my SF-97. It was "sent to battle creek". I wonder if it has been lost in battle. With my luck it will come back as a 1.5 ton truck. Which would be OK for me actually.:twisted:
Do they send SF97s to Battle Creek? I was under the impression that GL handled the whole SF97 process in house.

I don't even know of a way to check the status of a SF97 other than calling them and any time I've called them I just get the " it's in process" response.

stumps

GL gathers the information for the SF97 from you. The ask you for the make, model number, serial number, GVW, and your exact full name and address. They send that information to the US Government in Michigan and the Government issues an SF97 with your vehicles information in GL's name. GL then goes to a Florida car dealer, and gets a notarized title transfer issued that transfers the SF97 to your name.

They are doing quite a lot, be glad it comes as quickly as it does. There are at least 3 separate entities involved.

-Chuck

stumps

My grammatical errors cost no one time nor money.

GL has had a habit, if you read the posts, of making errors on a regular basis.
I disagree. The only people that much of anything to say about GL are those that have had a problem. Those that have smooth sailing tend to just go on about their lives. I'm one of those that have had no problems.
In my work, detail is where the mistakes are, so we do something we call "do diligence". Also, have at least three others double-check to make sure that in our rush to complete a task we have not had a brain lapse.
Due diligence is a good thing in an entity that builds structures whose failure could cause injuries. Your company is willing to pay a little extra to avoid accidents, and the cost of negligence lawsuits. A title botch really isn't in that category.

Let's get a count of hands of those that have had a title issued with incorrect information (that wasn't their own fault). One? Off with their heads!
GL, if you have checked their website, is a multi-million dollar company, with worldwide, responsibilities. You would think with this type of money and this type of exposure that they would not have as many problems with checks and balances. But, in fact, from just the postings on this forum, it would seem that they are consistent across the board with errors.
If you combined all of the purchases made by all of the folks on SS from the beginning of SS's existence to today's date, I bet you are under a couple of million bucks. It takes 1000 $1000 trucks to make a million.

All those other millions must have something to do with GL making a large volume of sales to folks other than SS members.
None of us are perfect or we wouldn't walk this earth. It just frustrates some of us when we speak to someone on the phone and then they turn around and do exactly the opposite.
Mistakes happen. I understand your frustration, and am sorry for it, but you really need to chill out. Send back the faulty SF97, and I will bet within a couple of days you will have your correctly filled out replacement. The Union will survive this tragedy.

-Chuck

The Janiter

Chuck; I think this thread is well past it's useful purpose.

Different mind sets - different views.

The paper work by the way from GL was - A certificate to obtain title to a Vehicle - from the US Gov. and a Re-Assignment of SF-97 from GL in Scottsdale Az. Notarized by a Notary in Az. To me.

Hope I made no errors in spelling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks