• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL auction shipping company??

fnpurist

Has anyone found a company that will generally ship auction items cheaper than Fastrack logistics? I've used UPS for stuff under 150 lbs but im talking about shipping stuff 150lb +

MtnSnow

Kinda depends on the location. I've done better than Fastrack by paying a SS member that is local to the purchase location and have them drop it off to a shipping terminal you might also check with Freightcenter.com as they do tons of LTL (Less Than truckLoad)

btw are you the same FNPurist on the FNForums?

Last edited:

2StateTrigger

Has anyone found a company that will generally ship auction items cheaper than Fastrack logistics? I've used UPS for stuff under 150 lbs but im talking about shipping stuff 150lb +
FNPurist,

Try looking at an app that's free on the Andriod smartphones (maybe available on the Applephone but Im not sure)....It's called uShip....it's quite a comprehensive shipping site where independent shippers create an account and bid on your shipping needs....

I havent used it yet but just based on the bidding process you'd think that you'd get some competitive shipping rates.

Good luck.

Jeff

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Freightquote has moved many a lot for me and and a buddy, great rates. call Rachel at 561 640 7800, she understand the GL/GP systems, releases and restricted access concerns, tell her Joe C sent you.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many of the LTL trucking lines have dropped GL in Ohio. Too much headache and the loads are not prepared or labeled. I have used uShip.com and I get better prices direct from YRC now if your items are in good shape for shipping from GL. If you are unsure it is best to find someone to pick up for you and prepare the shipment for a freight company. Just my 2 cents worth. I was paying over 400 to fastrack for items I could ltl for 150. I cannot afford them with over 100 shipments a year now. I get better shipping service from GL in states other than OK, OH, and PA. Between GA and TX, I use 3CExpress and in NC / SC / VA Silverwings Transport. I am looking for someone to give me some good intel on getting things out of AK. We ship something every other day LTL and if I don't provide shipping I recommend uShip to my customers.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember Fasttrack is not a true shipping company, they prep the GL lot and turn it over to an LTL carrier for delivery. And, they are a franchise. They do not own LTL rolling stock. They are just another set of hands between you and your auction wins, and every set of hands must be greased.

We are a true shipping company and a supporter of Steel Soldiers. We transport anything from a pallet to huge machines needing dismantling across the world. We have vast experience transporting from all military locations from Govplanet,Gov liquidation, and other DLA affiliates. Please reach out to me directly if you have anything you need moved and I will get you the best pricing possible.

Thank you,

Justin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks