• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Fort Riley Kansas....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I need input from anyone who has picked up a truck there. I called and was told over the phone Tues-Thurs loadout/pickup only.....great, just like Barstow....
Any other info you can pass along is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: GL Fort Riley Kansas....

Westech said:
talk to Maccus he just picked one up there.... and FMJ.. I have been on detail and not had a chance to go look.
Thanks Westy, probably got about 3-4 weeks to get it looked at.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: GL Fort Riley Kansas....

Ed,
My friend is going out Thursday. He said he would check it out if he has the opportunity and is accessible.
Also I noticed the left front tire appears to be badly cupped. Could be the tire, could be a front end problem?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
maccus said:
Yes I did pick up a M109 there on the 24th of Sep.. What do you need to know? What kind of truck are you picking up. If it is a M109 the head GL guy said that the M109s in lot H have been sitting there for 5 years so plan for some interesting challenges. Mine looked like it had been sitting for at least 5 years or close to it. Mine is a good truck but it was not a drive it home recovery for a person new to the deuce trucks.
Well, I'm not new to it... ;) but if I know what to bring short of another M35 it would really help!

Here's a link to the photo's of the truck:

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3648&lotNumber=6409&picNumber=1

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: GL Fort Riley Kansas....

desertfox said:
Ed,
My friend is going out Thursday. He said he would check it out if he has the opportunity and is accessible.
Also I noticed the left front tire appears to be badly cupped. Could be the tire, could be a front end problem?
Most likely the toe is not adjusted properly. Gary, if he can take a look at it I'd really appreciate it.

Ed