• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Ft Riley Kansas- buttload of deuce parts

codedsolutions

Is anyone planning on buying some trucks from Ft Riley, KS at the next GL auction (event 1571)? Does anyone know who buys most of the trucks from Ft Riley?

codedsolutions

That is a cool truck. I bet the bid gets over $10k on that one!

I would just like to get some parts from some of those clunkers out at Riley. I wish GL would let you take a cutting torch to the residue truck won at auction and leave the parts you dont need.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first saw that M925A2, I was tempted. Then, I talked to a friend who inspected it. He told me it is RUSTY! Did you see the rust through on the front of the hood? Do you know how much salt exposure that takes? I have owned several M939 series trucks and I can tell you that this is NOT a rust-prone location. Good luck! I am going to steer clear. I just wish the guys that get these trucks shared their horror stories. We only hear about the trucks that were driven home. No one (at least not many people) share the stories about how they had to sink a lot of money into these trucks. I've had to do it. You get burned once and you are a little cautious about bidding on trucks that look good without inspecting.

jasonjc

I was just at ft riley the other day and spent about an hour looking those trucks over.
for the most part they looked fair for the most part.
I mite bid on one or two if they go cheap if any one here bids on any let me know I DON'T WANT ONE IF IT MEANS BIDDING AGANST ANY ONE HERE.

Jason

codedsolutions

Jason,
Are you looking at bidding on a running condition deuce or one of their many residue trucks? I just want some engine/interior parts from one of the residue trucks but I don't want to haul a complete deuce 400+ miles. Maybe if we get a pool together of people who want parts, we could collectively bid on a few of them and have it shipped off-base to a storage yard where we could come in on the weekend and pull some parts.

Just an idea...

jasonjc

I was looking at any thing cheap.
BUT THE 3 BEST TRUCK OF THE BUNCH 6400 ,6401 , 6402 DIDN'T SEEM TO MAKE IT TO THE NEW DATE????????
is this more of GL tricks.
any one looking at 6403 it has a drmo tag that says it has a bad clutch intermitt starting and bad brakes.
jason