• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl in montana any good?

S

Starbuck

Has anyone seen deuces for sale on gl in Montana very often? Just wondering since I'm Canadian and its the closest state, I'm hoping I don't have too go to far south to acquire one.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Eddy said, If you're not a US citizen they won't sell you a truck.

If you want to buy a deuce your best bet would be to buy one from some of the dealers that do exports.

wsucougarx

Deuces hardly show in MT. In fact hardly anything shows up on MT GL to tell you the truth. You do in fact need to be a US citizen to bid on GL. Anyone who won a deuce via GL cannot sell their NOW private vehicle to anyone other than a US citizen. As mentioned above, best to buy from a dealer with an export license or find a fellow Canadian with a deuce. Welcome aboard

panshark

depends on what you're looking for, I've seen a couple of wwII dueces around here on craigslist. Which poses another question: if the original military surplus item in question was auctioned without any export/ownership caveats, it would be exempt from current restrictions, right? You know, a lot of stuff also come out of Hill AFB, which is only...6 hours south of Bozeman?