• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL in Sparta WI - Do they allow you to drive off the lot?

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL in WI, KY, and OH - Do they allow you to drive off the lot?

Hi All, Does anyone know if the GL location in Sparta Wisconsin allows you to drive a vehicle off the lot if you already have insurance? Or will they only allow you to load it up to take it out?

If they won't allow me to drive it out from the lot, is there any other ideas that you guys have done to get the vehicle out the front gate, and then drive it from there? Like is there anyway to get someone there to drive it out the front gate for me?

Thanks for any ideas.

.... And before I get a bunch of posts - Yes, you're right and yes I know its better to load a truck up, than to drive it from a lot. But it's not going to be that far of a drive, and I'm going to go through and check out its vitals before I leave the town. :)

Edit:
Added new GL locations (KY & OH) that I am also looking into, as stated in my last post down below

Last edited:

dozer1

What Scott said has been my experience there too. You check in, get the beast running, check out, and hope it stays running. good luck with your apparent planned recovery.

Ma Duce

Drove on off the lot a couple of weeks ago. those guys up there are great.

got to go pick another one up next week. Plan on driving it off as well.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Everyone for the quick replies!
Didn't win the auction in Sparta WI... but I'm going to continue looking over the next few weeks. Also considering GL auction locations in KY and OH... if they turn up with anything of interest at least. Going to have to contact GL I guess and see if these locations will also allow one to drive a deuce off the lot. I know there are some places that at least say in the ad "Buyer load required" not sure how true this is through.

I searched around here on SS, but didn't really find if anyone had drove off the lot from OH or KY locations. Does anyone by chance know if these locations will allow a buyer to drive deuce off the lot?

For locations that require the buyer to load a vehicle out, has anyone tried to hire a local wrecker or something, to pull a deuce outside the lot, and then drive it from there? Just trying to come up with alternative ideas if needed.

Thanks! ~ Peace

Last edited: