• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Lost Surplus Contract

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had been wondering about the diminishing number of lots on the GL site for JBLM. 33 miles? Where?
There's a Ritchie Bros lot down in Chehalis. I assume the rolling stock moved there.

The diminishing number of lots @ JBLM is GL spinning down to scrap only and GP not being spun up yet. I'd guess that DRMO is getting a backlog...

smokem joe

I talked to the guys at Lockbourne last week when I was down there for a preview. They are closing up April 20th. Being one of the last auctions things went for crazy money on the one that closed today!

Wire Fox

I will help you set up warehousing and shipping at the Grissom ARB in North Indiana. Lots of room, ready access to US 31 and called "crossroads of America". Huge runway (neary unused) for people to fly in and out.
As an Indiana boy, I'd love for this to happen. Columbus, OH is also just about as good, too... I'd just really love to see some of the field kitchen systems go this way instead of concentrating around Oklahoma.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So GL is advertising they will have m1025a2s for sale soon. And not for scrap.
So it appears that 10SFG took a cue from USMC and plans to circumvent DRMO and sell their own stuff? I guess those sf "operator" types always kinda ran their own show anyway.

Chief_919

That would not be the first time we have heard of that. We also do not plan, as of now, to offer the "mystery meat" triwalls that seemed to be fairly prevalent. Our intent is to break down all groups into like kind items, or at a minimum complementary item into individual lots. Our warehouse will be full blown operations, including shipping and receiving teams, as well as each item being inspected and unique photos for each lot. Obviously new and like new items will most likely receive representative photos until we have developed a good retail function where buyers can purchase items directly versus going the auction route.

As of now we will be featuring items, that qualify, in our weekly featured auctions, along side the Rolling Stock. We will also present a rolling auction, similar to our GovPlanet Direct site, in which items will be listed for 7 days and then automatically relist if they do not take any bids. In the future we are planning on also offering a more "retail" option for the new/like new items such as boots, textiles, etc. We will also be implementing a shipping option directly at checkout via FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc for those items that will qualify, as well as consolidated freight shipping options. Buyers will also have the choice to select their own third party shipper or self pickup if they desire.

As I have said to many of ya'll offline, we have watched and listened to numerous suggestions and complaints about the previous operations and are looking at all possibilities to ensure a better customer experience and overall most common sense approach to liquidate these items. We, GovPlanet, are extremely excited about this prospect and feel free to offer any suggestions you may have. Understand the operations will be tailored to the overall consumer base, not just the individual regions, so there are inevitably going to be some buyers who feel left out, while there will be other buyers that will now be afforded opportunities that were not there before. There will also be bumps and obstacles that we will run into in the beginning, however, we are confident that the overall operation will be to everyone's benefit.

***edited the runon into paragraphs since I did not realize how ugly the original looked***
Please, please have your warehosue folks work in a way that is friendly to shippers.

GL made things as hard as possible for any companies to do pickup. Intentionally, because they wanted everyone to use their internal shipping that they made money on.

Now, if your internal system is priced well and easy to use I probably will use it, and I buy a lot of this stuff, but the option to sue other services when needed is a big deal. The fact that GL underhandedly forced people into their system by being so hard to work with when you tried to arrange any other method just pissed me off.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Please, please have your warehosue folks work in a way that is friendly to shippers.

GL made things as hard as possible for any companies to do pickup. Intentionally, because they wanted everyone to use their internal shipping that they made money on.

Now, if your internal system is priced well and easy to use I probably will use it, and I buy a lot of this stuff, but the option to sue other services when needed is a big deal. The fact that GL underhandedly forced people into their system by being so hard to work with when you tried to arrange any other method just pissed me off.
We are determined to make this process as buyer/shipper friendly as possible. In fact I am on Day 3 of day long Skype meetings going over the entire implementation plan. As of now, pickups at the warehouses will be almost exactly like our current pickup plan. The warehouses will be offering pickup times most likely Mon-Fri all day. If you choose to do a self pickup or hire your own freight company, the process should be the same as it is now. You contact Pick up support, give 24 hours notice, and arrive with your item release forms. The 24 hour notice will be needed so that our warehouse personnel can identify and move your items to the loading dock in preparation of you or your transports arrival. What we do not want is transporters showing up willy nilly and then having to have them wait while the warehouse personnel jump through hoops locating and moving the items to the loading dock. We want to have everything in the appropriate location to ensure timely loadouts and prevent backups at the load out docks.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Do you have the web site yet?
It will be the current GP website. In the beginning, hopefully within the next 30 days, the majority of items will run through our regular Weds auction. Once the Warehouses are manned and running, then you will see a rolling 7 day auction for the smaller warehouse stuff. Everything though will be accessed via the current GP website. Just pay attention to the banners and scrolls in the meantime.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
PHasty maybe I missed it but where are these warehouses going to be?
The two main warehouses will be in Chambersburg, PA and Las Vegas, NV. Some items will also list from our current sites, as well as regional consolidation points. Basically anything that can be stored outside, Gensets, Boats, etc, will sell in the field. The items that need to be out of the elements, electronics, textiles, etc., will list from the warehouses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks