• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL M116A3 W/M101a2 Bed

Nonotagain

I picked up a trailer today that has a frame data plate M116a3 and a bed data plate of m101a2. could this be right or they put the wrong M116 plate on the trailer at refit?
Shoot a pic of the axle and we'll tell you what the chassis really is.

If the axle goes straight across, with 8 lug wheels and surge brakes, it's a A2.

If the axle is raised in the center section, it's an A3.

5 Lug wheels and no surge brake is an A1.

marsman

Thanks, It is hard to see the axle in the picture. I would say that it is straight. I just have not seen an a2 trailer with an a3 tag. I guess someone put the wrong tag on. No mater, I am going to change out the axle for one with electric brakes and a lug pattern setup for a jeep.

marsman

Sorry about that. It did look like the nicest m101a2 in the lot. It look like we both have good taste. We should chat before bidding next time. It may save us both some money. [thumbzup]

3dAngus

Marsman, your suggestion is auction collusion, something that is not allowed on SS.
This is the reason why you cannot post ongoing auction links, so that people do not get into collusion on it, which if not illegal, is unethical.

I'm not lecturing to you here, not my job, just letting you know so you are aware.

marsman

I am very sorry about that, that was not my intention of the post. I hate being the one that stands in someone way of getting their prize on SS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks