• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL M35A-2 in Pineville

EZFEED

FYI I'm bidding on this M35A-2 in Pineville LA. This is from another batch of Rita vehicles but these are from a totally submerged lot so pretty much everything is frozen or rusted bad.

I need parts pretty badly so I'm bidding on this one. My GL# is 77282129.
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1093362

If you are planning to bid on these vehicles then please let me know. I'd hope this would help prevent counter bidding. If I get outbid then naturally I'll bid on the others if not place a bid on each and that would kick up someone elses bid and I'd rather not get in a bid war with someone else if I can help it. Especially someone here too.

If we work together like this I bet we'd end allot of the high prices and keep from bidding against one another.

colyork

we have seen flood trucks up for auction before ,can these trucks be put back into good running order without a large cash being spent?And does It matter what kind of water it was flooded with?

FreightTrain

Banned
Water does matter.If it was fresh water even muddy freshwater there is a good chance you could get them back going 100% without costing a mint.If it was Salt water then your pretty much SCREWED!The salt will coat the metal as the water evaporates so every time it gets damp again it will start rusting at an accelerated rate.All depends on if it was sunk in Storm surge or true Flood waters.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why can't you sandblast off the paint/rust and have a clean unprimed vehicle, and then re-prime and re-paint? Should remove all the salts, right?

rdixiemiller

The gearbox internals and engines will more than likely be toast. Body panels can be salvages, but if all gears and bearings are shot, plus the entire electrical system...........
Gets expensive quick!

houdel

Once saltwater gets into the electrical connections (either Packard or Douglas) you are basically screwed. The connections will never work right again until you disassemble each and every one of them, clean them out, and apply an anti corrosive agent to each and every connector. Even then it is a 50/50 chance they will work right!

mucekok

i bought one of these hurricane flood trucks. engine was still full of salt water, completely locked up and beyond resonable repair. would not recommend buying this truck for the engine or with any hopes of getting it to run. i was able to salvage plenty of useable parts off mine that did make it a worthy investment. every bolt and nut has been a pain to remove, and as far as the wiring goes, its toast. on the up side i have plenty of spare parts laying around now.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EZFEED How far is Pineville from you? How wil you transport the truck? Can you handle more trucks in your yard? The bids are low now and I am watching. If they go cheap would you want to work out something so we both get lots of parts. I am willing to bid on all the outher trucks but shipping all the trucks will get costly. Need yard in La. to work out of. Thanks James.

EZFEED

Floridianson said:
EZFEED How far is Pineville from you? How wil you transport the truck? Can you handle more trucks in your yard? The bids are low now and I am watching. If they go cheap would you want to work out something so we both get lots of parts. I am willing to bid on all the outher trucks but shipping all the trucks will get costly. Need yard in La. to work out of. Thanks James.
Sure dude :) I'm not that close to Pineville though. My address is:

531 Link road
Branch, LA 70516

You can look me up on mapquest for specifics. My GL# is 77282129

I also have a camp on Toledo Bend lake not too far from Fort Polk.

It's just a wooded lot but you could meager your trucks in there if you wanted. My address there is:

151 Forshee Drive
Many, LA 71449

If you want to use either then lemme know. I'll only ask if you could transport mine while you are doing yours if not too much trouble. :)
It might be too far for you but maybe not?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks