• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL moving your bought lots

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody ever had a lot you won moved to another location after the sale ended? I bought a truck at confederate ave in Atlanta and it now has been moved to Waner Robins after the sale. Works out great for me because I live in Warner Robins but I can see how this could cause major problems if you were not in my situation.

6x6junkie

yea the moved 2 of mine with a forkilt must be on and off trailer .gates were bent and fork threw rad driveshaft bent what pisses me off most they bolth had good batteries bad deal when they move your stuff be sure to look at it at new place cause if they drove it im sure they checked the oil and topped of anti freeze and did full pms before movement you need to look at that truck before pickup good luck

HeadWizard

I had an air compressor moved from the Air Force location at the airport in Richmond, VA to the GL site in Richmond. Fortunately they did not mess anything up, but they also didn't tell me about it. Showed up at the airport location on the appointed date and time and nobody was there. After an hour of calls, they found the property and politely told me to come back, (2 hours each way), another day. :evil:

poppop

I showed up at Fort Stewart to pick up a semi-trailer I bought and it was gone. The GL guy was stumped. He said it was right there, see the tire prints in the grass. He called his boss who said what do you mean. He said its gone man, I mean gone, its not here. Well they found it and got it back in two weeks. The Unit that turned it in picked it back up, I guess they did nor know it had been turned over to GL. It was worth the wait as I sold the stuff inside it for $2100.00. Pretty good when I only paid $265.00 for the trailer and still have the trailer.:D:D

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well this move is not going to well. There is now a hole the size of a bowling ball in the radiator. The drivers side running board is bent , the exhaust "can" is bent and the fender has a nice new dent it too. i bought it for the radiator and other parts. I am going to go through the claims process on this one. i have not picked the truck up either.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an M35A2 moved from Chambersburg to Meade. It worked out for me because I live about 45 minutes from Meade. I asked the GL site manager in Chambersburg who I know well about this and he told me they reviewed the addresses of the guys who bought stuff and only moved stuff if they were moving things closer. From what GIMP and others have stated, it seems like it was not always moved for the better...but it helped me out. My truck was not damaged, but that would be a concern.

FormerNewMVGuy

I once went to pick up a deuce from chambersburg, and after driving the 4 hours there they couldnt find the truck, after much confusion, they found it at another lot that was another 40 minutes farther ..... Needless to say,i wasnt real happy that day.

exbrown

I called to arrange to pick up a MEP004A from Atlanta. When I got through, he said "Didn't they thell you that this has been moved to Warner Robins?".

Nothing like moving my equipment twice as far from me as it was. Why didn't they just sell it out of Warner Robins? Why sell it from one location and then move it? Why not tell you up front, instead of just letting the buyer find out?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need a GL Customer service emoticon. 2 cheeks with a fist being rammed in between.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my case I don't beleive GL is at fault as far as the moved is concerned. GA NG wanted the stuff out of their way even though they had agreed items could be sold off their property. The GANG took it upon themselves to move several trucks to Waner Robins.

stampy

I had a deuce moved from Blackstone Va (closer to me) to Richmond. Luckily I called the GL lot and made sure it was there and the guy told me it had been moved to Richmond.