• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL now show video to dump M101

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The auction is over, right?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had heard that they dump but this was the first time I had actually seen it in action.

thx

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That video is not complete. You should also add a flex hose to your brake line so it doesn't crack and removing a wire harness anchor would be a good idea too. Wonder how long it takes till they get sued for advertising a "non-feature".

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
seems like a production, also looked like when the trailer came down, the leads got pinched between the frame and the bed.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that if the 101s truly had a "dump feature", you wouldn't have to remove screws and disconnect wires, add flex lines to the brakes, or remove bolts. The wire harness would be coiled, as in the case of the telescoping convoy lights on trucks, the brakes would already have flex lines, and hitch type pins instead of bolts and nuts. And something to limit the travel of the bed.

3dAngus

It was designed to tilt. Even so, precautions need be taken. The video is on the right track, IMHO.

I would not put a full load on this trailer and try to tilt or dump it. They show it empty in tilt mode, and call it dump.

I don't see any need to dump on them for it. I find it educational. It pretty much so is a graphical representation of what has been said many times on this forum, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Nate. Also, if it was designed to dump, it would be mentioned in the TM.

KsM715

It was designed to tilt. Even so, precautions need be taken. The video is on the right track, IMHO.

I would not put a full load on this trailer and try to tilt or dump it. They show it empty in tilt mode, and call it dump.

I don't see any need to dump on them for it. I find it educational. It pretty much so is a graphical representation of what has been said many times on this forum, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

No, it wasn't designed that way. It was designed to have the tongue unbolted from under the box ( at the bolt near the spring pack) to facilitate in packing the trailers in tighter for shipping purposes.

Edit: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/859791-post41.html found in this thread on page 5 : http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/70462-m101a2-not-dumping.html

(found searching M101+folded)

Last edited:

3dAngus

KsM715, that's what tilt means. Dump is entirely different.

It was NOT designed to carry a load and dump it. It was designed to tilt for packing them in a plane or ship for transport.

The Chief put up some nice pictures a while back of them stowed in the tilt position where they just packed a ton of them in there for shipping. I forgot what thread it was, but it was an interesting and educational read.

820jeep

I just won a M101 at Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio Texas, No EUC required. This makes my 4th 101, but all the others had to have a EUC. What up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks