• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Oklahoma m1009's

24farragut

Has anyone checked out the M1009's for sale in OK?
they looked pretty mudded up, but other than that ok, some actually look really nice. Anyone shed any light on these, i want to pick one up. thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have looked inside every one of them. The trucks came from Illinois. They are muddy because when they loaded them on the trucks the fields in Illinois where wet.

Of the ones I tried to start, the batteries where dead. Most of them are in rough shape. ALL of them where loaded and unloaded with a forklift. They all have "some" body damage because of this. Most have drive shaft damage also.

Since they came from Illinois they have been exposed to salt and moisture. Cancer is lurking...

I do not remember specifics about any of them, but I will say this.......

.............PICTURES WHERE TAKEN BEFORE SHIPMENT TO OKC....................

.............BUYER BEWARE.............

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/33160-bidders-beware-okc-gl.html

Last edited:

bigflew

I was looking at these also and Being from the rust belt myself I was quick to notice most of the ones I seen on GL had rot in tailgate directly below window crank witch means gate is roted inside and floors are more than likley roted out among other things.
once again BUYER BEWARE!!!!