• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL on Fox News

whyme

more people buying means higher demand and higher prices. good business honestly, makes sense that they would push for media attention, sad for us though.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Government Liquidation's terrible customer service, the paperwork, and the coordination involved will keep the average comsumer away. This isn't the first time I've seen a government auction story in the mass media. First time I heard mention of DRMO was in Newsweek or US News magazine in about 1991 or 92. As I recall the story was about ordnance, weapons and other controlled items getting out to the public without being demilled. Of course I wanted to know more about DRMO and how to buy after that! :mrgreen:

M813A1

Well the one thing is that they showed GSA AUCTIONS and did not show GL !!! I checked out the link they listed and it is the home page for all of the GSA Auctions !! But now there is going to be higher prices now !!!

Last edited:

Takai13

Well the one thing is that they showed GSA AUCTIONS and did not show GL !!! I checked out the link they listed and it is the home page for all of the GSA Auctions !! But now there is going to be higher prices now !!!
Possibility of higher prices perhaps. But without deliver or decent customer service it may end up backfiring in the long run. How much are people going to complain when that R-11 fuel truck the just bought runs but, won't stop and GSA doesn't deliver it to their door? :)

Thankfully a lot of what we are actually interested in doesn't appeal to the general public. I just don't see "soccer mom" trading in her DVD equipped SUV for a 40+ year old Deuce.

Troll1216

Thank god they won't be lookin for a deuce, I saw a soccer mom in a "Fordasuraus" excursion on the phone in heavy traffic gacking away with hand gestures and all, nice..........

I saw thje GSA thing on Fox and the wife said, "NO!!!" you already have one! I tried the patato chip arguement, but to no avail.

maudoose

It scares me that we will have more people into the MV hobby that truly don't care about its future. Thats all we need is a few hundred more mv's on the road with people who don't know the ups and downs of 40 year old nearly 10 ton all wheel drive trucks!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I doubt we will see a huge run to GL or GSA....people have a very short attention span....most viewers forgot what they saw before the next commercial was over.

If they Google GL they will prob get a lot of threads from this site expressing disgust and dissatisfaction with the way GL does business.

I'm not stessing over it.

GoldComet6

Most folks will look at the GL / GSA web sites and think........

1) What the heck is that??? :cookoo:

2) Why would somebody want to buy it??? :cookoo:

3) What the heck are they gonna do with it once they get it home???? :cookoo:

I doubt you will notice much of a difference. It's a small market.....

Last edited:

goodguyzy

that wasn't a very good sales pitch, a refuel-er? a x-ray machine? how many ppl are going to jump on that, i seriously doubt someone is watching the news and says yes i really need a ex-forest service crew transport vehicle for Christmas

Phansm72

Yeah this is definitely a niche market , these trucks arent for everybody , most everyone i told Im getting a m35a2 , they are like what the **** is that , once I described it they say WTF you gonna do with that... dont fear fellow MVers , this small market is safe.

joeM62

This sucks if viewers pay attention and do decide to go on the auction prices go up and makes it harder on everbody else. I still have not gottin a truck off GL yet:( oh well.
Hopefully nobody pays attention and it goes away:).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks