• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl put my purchase in the abandonment section

TJP

Could not find transport in the ten day period. Has anyone else had this happen to them., and if so did it turn out ok?:-(

ranchhopper

Depends on the site manager and what kind of day the GL person at the corporate office in AZ is having. If its been listed as abandoned I think your out of luck some guys I spoke to told me if its listed as abandoned its to late.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is why it's good to have a back-up plan with a local towing company with secured storage . Their fees most likely will be less than GL's default fee's . And it gives you more flexibility with your shipper picking up.

ranchhopper

If Im not mistaken if they classify the lot as abandoned there is no default and no refund either. I dont know how the lot is determined to be abandoned unless the OP sent in a release as is common to have someone pick it up.

papercu

This is the official language from their TOS. Wayne
Section 9: ABANDONED PROPERTY ( top )
A schedule for removal of property will be established for each sale. You must remove all property awarded within this time limit. If for any reason removal cannot be completed within the time period, it is your responsibility to arrange with our site manager for an extension of time. We are not responsible for property that is not removed within the time allotted. If property is not removed within the specified removal period or scheduled for removal at a later date with our site manager, we will consider the property to be abandoned by you, and you will have abandoned all right, title and interest in the property including the purchase price of the property. We are not required to send abandonment or late removal letters to you prior to exercising the right of abandonment.

TJP

Well I sent a e-mail to managment to see if they can help me. If not its hard to continue to buy anything from that depo.

I will let you all know how it turns out.

Last edited:

papercu

Did you call the site and ask for a extension? Most site guys are helpful but once it is kicked to the home office it is out of their hands. Wayne

camoyj7

WhenI won my M1009 in Huntsville I asked if I could leave it there for 4 weeks till I got my EUC for my 101 trailers and there was no problems. Just had to call them and ask.

Seth_O

I called a site once to try and get a 1-day extension and was turned down. Sounds like it is very site-specific.

I know it's no help to the OP at this point, best of luck with your issue.

Bighurt

No offense but I wish there was an abandoned section on GL. Sometimes lots go more than a few rounds...would be nice for those local to the auction site to just pick up abandoned crap people didn't want to ship or pick-up.

paulfarber

I called a site once to try and get a 1-day extension and was turned down. Sounds like it is very site-specific.

I know it's no help to the OP at this point, best of luck with your issue.
First time I went to the GL lot in Mechanicsburg they were chock full of stuff. I doubt that they would have even considered an extension.

Second time, it was much less cluttered, but still had rows of trucks/gear.

Third time Milla was in the corner with another truck.. but with vast, wide open space all around.

So depending on the sites load of stuff, yeah, it would be hit or miss.

If anyone gets a truck from Mechanisburg/Anneville I am less than an hour from each one (30 min from Anneville) so parking is always available at the house.

TexAndy

Whether or not you can get an extension can also largely depend on how much pressure is put on the particular site manager to get rid of crap to make room for new crap.

Never hurts to call. Most of the ones I've talked to will work with you and give you a little leeway on the 10 business day thing. But not if you don't call them and make such arrangements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks