• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL requiring EUC on Trailers Again?

Bighurt

Just like the condition it's probably documented on the government supplied paperwork to GL. I'm sure there is a code indicating EUC. Uncle Sam makes the call GL just lists the stuff for auction.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hardfast rule on EUC stuff is that there is no hardfast rule. What would you expect, it's a Gov't entitly (DRMO) supplying stuff through a company steeped with in pocket politicians (GL) with the paperwork (EUC) being processed by yet another gov't entitiy (DLA). How can it not be fubared.

Another Gov't story. When I was a kid, there was a crash near my house and a utility pole was broken. The power supplier (DP&L) sent out an emergency crew to evaluate the safety of the pole. Once it was deemed safe they sent out a pole supervisor who then summoned a team to disco the power. A second team delivered a pole and a third team remved and installed the new pole. The second team returned with a 4th team to remove the pole. The supervisor returned to survey the pole and an inspector as well. After that another team returned to turn on the juice and the pole supervisor came with them to acknowledge that the power was in fact, on.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The power supplier (DP&L) sent out an emergency crew to evaluate the safety of the pole. Once it was deemed safe they sent out a pole supervisor who then summoned a team to disco the power. A second team delivered a pole and a third team remved and installed the new pole. The second team returned with a 4th team to remove the pole. The supervisor returned to survey the pole and an inspector as well. After that another team returned to turn on the juice and the pole supervisor came with them to acknowledge that the power was in fact, on.

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny..........you're missing the big picture here....why do something with one crew when you can use several and ensure that there will be plenty of work for all concerned.

On a related note Union representitives are up in arms over a gooberment proposal to purchase shovels with kickstands installed.....no longer will a shovel need a worker to hold it up. Hundreds of gooberment and union workers could be put out of work if the purchase is allowed. The shovels in queston are made in China.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the trailers up for bid from Gl at Fort Lewis require EUC's. I thought they stopped this. Anyone know what is up?:shock:
The hardfast rule on EUC stuff is that there is no hardfast rule. What would you expect, it's a Gov't entitly (DRMO) supplying stuff through a company steeped with in pocket politicians (GL) with the paperwork (EUC) being processed by yet another gov't entitiy (DLA). How can it not be fubared.

Another Gov't story. When I was a kid, there was a crash near my house and a utility pole was broken. The power supplier (DP&L) sent out an emergency crew to evaluate the safety of the pole. Once it was deemed safe they sent out a pole supervisor who then summoned a team to disco the power. A second team delivered a pole and a third team remved and installed the new pole. The second team returned with a 4th team to remove the pole. The supervisor returned to survey the pole and an inspector as well. After that another team returned to turn on the juice and the pole supervisor came with them to acknowledge that the power was in fact, on.

So, the power is out, and that's why they need an EUC?

On a related note Union representitives are up in arms over a gooberment proposal to purchase shovels with kickstands installed.....no longer will a shovel need a worker to hold it up. Hundreds of gooberment and union workers could be put out of work if the purchase is allowed. The shovels in queston are made in China.
Locally, a crew of county workers were sent out to repair a culvert. When they arrived on site, they found they had forgotten their shovels. Promptly they called dispatch to report their problem, dispatch told them to send one of the crew back to the shop to pick up the shovels. The crew leader then asked "what should we do until he gets back with the shovels", dispatch replied "I guess you'll have to lean on each other". :D

KsM715

All the trailers up for bid from Gl at Fort Lewis require EUC's. I thought they stopped this. Anyone know what is up?:shock:

rofl
There was a thread just the other day about no EUC's for trucks and some people were getting all excited about "no paper trail".............See I told you guys, do not count on the Fed. Gov. for anything consistently.

jets1959

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny..........you're missing the big picture here....why do something with one crew when you can use several and ensure that there will be plenty of work for all concerned.

In a factory built with a US grant!!!!!!!!!!!:deadhorse:

Tanner

Local public works department here had a leaf vacuum that the crew was using for leaf retrieval. The leaf vac caught on fire & was burning, still attached to the tow vehicle. The Supervisor told me that the crew called him in the shop to tell him that it was burning, and asked what they should do, ignoring the fact that they had three fire large extinguishers on hand and could have put the fire out before it consumed the vacuum. They let it burn, figuring it was a good way to get out of work...

I complimented him on the fact that his crew was trained well enough to consult management before making any moves... :-?:doh:

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks