• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL SUCKS!!!!!!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: GL SUCKS!!!!!!

I know this isn't going to go over very well, but I've never had any problems what-so-ever when buying through G-L. It has always been smooth.

I prefer the on-line, "live" chat feature they have. It works great! I use that for questions. Once, they asked what phone number I was at, and they called for clarity. Simple.

I hate to hear the "extreme" cases. Especially when I've had nothing but good experiences with G-L, (so far).

jumpmasterjim

My last 3 purchases I became glued to the fax machine, real PITA. But they finally approved. Lots of FUBAR. If I hadn't been out of work it would have been a full time job. Be sure when you fax to the EUC # you refax to the main fax # as well. This way when you call the switchboard they can tell you if they recieved it. If you cant do all of the paperwork have someone else who is good with this stuff help out. I've been doing it all on my own. Good luck and god grant you the serenity!!!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I know the real issue is in these times when you bid on and pay for the item electronically via the web they still want a Fax. I would love to just scan the items in to a PDF format and send them an email with delivery and read confimations. Save that and you should be golden. I do like the chat as well and I always save the chat session for reference. The real issue is they keep making mistakes about charging tax on the items sold in my state. The state should come down hard on them for collecting it when the state law clearly says they are the only ones to collect tax on vehicles.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

I quit faxing awhile ago, after many phone calls, and the GL person declaring "we didn't get your Fax" even though I watched it go through with sucessful delivery......

So now I scan to PDF and email EVERYTHING.

I think they (GL) has a person who randomly roundfiles incoming faxes.......

Crash_AF

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I would love to just scan the items in to a PDF format and send them an email with delivery and read confimations.
I don't mail or fax anything... I scan it all to PDF and e-mail it to a rep, then call that rep and make sure they got it and it is correct.

FYI: Their fax system takes the incoming document and turns it into an e-mail... I don't believe that it ever comes out as paper on the other end.

Later,
Joe

84cucv1ton

taking a pic of the DL is a great idea. never thought of it. the main thing is i lost the m1031, but a friend found one way down by him. think im going to go for it and forget this crap with GL and just open a new account. thanks for the reply s

mangus580

If you would pester the crap out of them and get a REAL person... supervisor even on the phone, you probably havent lost anything. Monday morning, call until you get someone. Email them all the stuff while you are on the phone with them, dont let them go until you get confirmation.

Honestly, I have not had any trouble with GL handling my paperwork... but I am VERY persistent.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: Re: RE: GL SUCKS!!!!!!

Daneil said:
Why wont the GL rep chime in on this post?
Robyn is not here on the weekends. Give her a chance on Monday.

Persistence is the key with GL. Once you get it down pat, you shouldn't have any more problems. I had a couple of issues with my first EUC, but haven't had any with the last 6. Just keep calling and making contact with them.

LibertyDeuce

Look at NewMVGuy's post. He's correct. I sent a digital photograph of my Driver's License via e-mail and my EUC cleared without any further problems or questions form GL. Remember you're dealing with clerks at GL, got to stay on top of them!

84cucv1ton

i am trying, being told that i need to wait for it to go through some process. ( thats take a long time) to top it off i lost the trucks for sure now. what a bunch of morons. this has been very frustrating. guess its done now tho

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks