• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL the company is SOLD!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd-ford-hd

In the "for what its worth category", my brother and I picked up 2 deuces this morning and the GL ground man that helped jump start the trucks said that GL had been sold/bought. Tomorrow was his last day as a GL employ and that he would be working for the new company with improved wages. His statement was that all the bid and sale cancellations were due to this transition period of new ownership of GL. Don't know if he knows it all, but I do believe that he knows who he works for and who he will be working for. Like I said "for what its worth".

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
In the "for what its worth category", my brother and I picked up 2 deuces this morning and the GL ground man that helped jump start the trucks said that GL had been sold/bought. Tomorrow was his last day as a GL employ and that he would be working for the new company with improved wages. His statement was that all the bid and sale cancellations were due to this transition period of new ownership of GL. Don't know if he knows it all, but I do believe that he knows who he works for and who he will be working for. Like I said "for what its worth".
I was right! Two somali pirates used their booty from the tanker to buy GL so they could sell their soviet tanks to us OD green addicts.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
This is unlikely to be the reason for suspension in sales. Those that have been around a while will recall that CV1 (Commercial Venture 1, the first mass contracting of DRMS sales) was awarded to Levy-Lathem. CV2 (which ended in August when the current contract was awarded) went to GL, who then bought, if I recall correctly, LL.

Since I was buying a truck at the time, I can tell you there was no interuption in sales.

Regards,
David Doyle

LibertyDeuce

SOLD!?? GL just won a contract renewal. I don't think so, not with all the governmental regulatory cr*p and approvals the seller, GL, and the prospective buyer would have to go through on short notice to complete the sale,

Just my 2cents

N1265

Hope they did not sell it to NATO.....

What a scarry thought that would be, maybe all this stuff is not going to the scrap man after all ?

Elwenil

Keep in mind that GL is just the market place for the company Liquidity Services Inc. You can visit their website and check out their news and earnings estimates. There is nothing about any merger, sale or buy out on their site, nor in any news posting that I can find so I would take this with a handfull of salt.

http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com/index.html

militaryguy

I been told by GL that they had a change in the policy by the big G that all speciality truck ,like all m35 ,5ton,m109 and some cucv will be metal scrap

Michael

There was a clause in the new contract that another private company was to be formed to inspect what was sold to be sure nothing went through that wasn't suppose to or something like that. Perhaps this is who this man is going to work for? I am just going off what I remember from reading the bid proposal.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow, what a job to have. Just imagine, being "the guy" who gets to inspect, drive, and receive everything at a GL site. Then you would get to meet everyone on this site as they did their recovery. YOU BE DA MAN!!!!!YOU DREAM IN GREEN !!! YOU ARE MISTER GL!!!!!Wake up, wake up, someboby just called off at 7/11 and they need you. It was a good dream while it lasted.

jd-ford-hd

Couldnt let this go without a followup, so I called back to the yard where we picked up the deuces and where this story got started. My normal contact there said the guy I talked to yesterday got a little confused. He will be starting for a new company this Monday but GL is still very much intact. This surplus property game is a very complex thing as you know, and something in the contract was split so some GL guys and gals will be switched over to a new employer but actually still be working at the same facility. Go figure!!!

m113mark

GL Info.

For what it is worth i bought 2 m-109a3's that i brought home this week and the GL man on site said that they were just awarded a new contract where GL will be buying the surplus and keeping the money themselves and not giving the govt any percentages back.

chicklin

For what it is worth i bought 2 m-109a3's that i brought home this week and the GL man on site said that they were just awarded a new contract where GL will be buying the surplus and keeping the money themselves and not giving the govt any percentages back.
If that's true, maybe the whole titling situation will get better. If they have to own the property they might have to obtain title themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks