• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL watchers... What are the M35A3s selling for?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One closed at $12k and the other was $17.5k! They were both pretty cherry. From the pics it looked like all the important bits were there and CTIS computers were even online. I know a lot of you deuce purists loath them, but if I had the cash I'd drive one in a heartbeat.

superburban

M1075 said:
Prices are coming down. I feel a tad sorry for the guy who paid $50K for one last year or so.
I dont. This guy probably knew that his truck was not "worth" what he paid, but he also probably really, really, really wanted one.
I remember when I was younger and the Sony Playstation first came out. I was aware that the price would fall precipitously soon after I bought one the first weekend they were out. I paid > $400 for mine even though I knew that the price would soon drop to below $200. It was money well spent for the "fame" I enjoyed for those few sweet months!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
sailor2000 said:
Anyone know how many were made?
Yep, I'll dig up the number. Contrary to much of what was widely reported, there was more than one production facility involved in the A3 program. The most widely known of these is of course AM General's South Bend facility.

However, competitive bids were also recieved from an Army facility at Camp Shelby, MS, and IIRC one somewhere in the west as well - Fort Riley, I believe.

I'll try to turn up the number for each facility shortly.

Regards,
David

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I'm seeing lately are not bad looking trucks. I don't think the price will drop quite so drastically, so soon. The appetite for these trucks has not been whetted just yet. The time will come soon enough. I won't turn my back on the A2 for and A3 though.

M1075

The more that turn their backs on the A3 the better. They are ugly, underperforming POS trucks. If everyone would just pass on these, I might get a few bought right!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad a few folks are interested in the -A3, keeps the better trucks available for us poor bass-turds.

BSH

Just curious, what's wrong with the A3s? Auto trans, super singles, CTIS (on the few I've seen) - what's not to love?

littlebob

If I had the extra cash and aplace to put more stuff I wouldn't mind having one. But then again I have history of making bad decisons
littlebob

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
acetomatoco said:
Me likes ugly underperforming POS trucks.. that is why I drive a Chevy...ha.
I see you like you cars that way too RAM, don't you drive a Crown Vic?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Forgot to look....I'll try to get time to look tomorrow. I've got the AMG number at my fingertips....its 5483. The Army Depot rebuilds were either 500 or 520 per year (don't remember which), and I don't remember if that was both facilities, or individually, or how many years that ran.

DD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks