• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Web Site with problems at Auction time!

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL has been jerking my chain ever since I started about 3 years ago. An EUC is rarely correct according to them. I have been sending in the same EUC for the past several months and now that I bought a real nice deuce at Tinker for less than $1600 and submitted my EUC in a very timely manner. After nearly 2 weeks I send them an email noting that the GL site stated EUC pending. They say they never received the EUC. {I have confirmation or receipt}. Then on the last day they say I require a revision. To add AVE. to the street address. In 3 years it has not been on the EUC. They are now, not satisfied with personal use or collector. They want to put "for parts" or "for scrap".
Anyone had this experience?
Gary

EdMontana

desertfox said:
They want to put "for parts" or "for scrap".
Anyone had this experience?
Gary
Very weird Gary, I have not had any bad experience with the EUC process....going for 2 weeks waiting for approval now for me and I always have it as "for intended use".

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Gary,

I just got an approved EUC for a Deuce out of Norman OK., personal use, collector....
I haven't done one yet for the M101, M105 I won in Santa Fe last Thurs, so we shall see....

Ed

EO2NMCB

Yes in section 2 box A they wanted "for intended use, for parts, for scrap" They might as well just fill the EUC out for us and email it so we can sign it.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EO2NMCB said:
Yes in section 2 box A they wanted "for intended use, for parts, for scrap" They might as well just fill the EUC out for us and email it so we can sign it.
I agree! I have only done a few and have had problems all the time, my first one I checked box C in Sec II and they told me not to, just put "unknown", then on my second one I answered it exactly like my corrected EUC from the first one and got it sent back saying not "unknown" was not an acceptable answer and to check the box! Then after all the time wasted on one stupid box my D/L had expired so I had to fax them all the paperwork...nothing but a hassle so far. I just got one in last weeks sale so we'll see how it goes.

One other problem I noticed on a few items in that sale even at different sites was the accuracy of the listing, when you pull up a certain state and look at the listing a truck would say it was a 1966 and then when you click on it the listing would change to 1969?? All the other info stayed the same. So what did I buy? I found numerous trucks with that same problem, the year always got newer so hopefully that is the correct one!

Michael

Did anyone catch that in the last sale at Huntsville, 4 of the trucks had a picture with 7447 miles on the odomator but only one had that mileage in the listing.

Actually, all 4 had the exact same set of pictures.

USMilitarySurplus

Oh my word. Sometimes you guys crack me up.

We are not posting final bid prices for BQ items at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I will let you know when they're posted again to the site. It has nothing to do with you, the bidders, but I am not at liberty to discuss further.

Sale 3386, which you mentioned EdMontana, had so many lots in it that it had a staggered closing sequence, meaning some of the lots closed at 5pm EST and others at 6pm. These closing times are clearly shown on the website up to two weeks prior to the open date for the sale.

We are not 'playing marketing games', LibertyDeuce. The bidders who show up to bid on a lot are the ones who set the price. I personally don't believe that there are trends in what an item will sell for. The price is set by the buyers who show up, which is why there are still deals to be had on our website.

Our buyers are not uninformed. And if they are, it's of their own choosing. We encourage our customers to inspect items prior to bidding so that they can make a determination for themselves if the item(s) meets their expectations and how much they would pay for that item. It's not always possible to view items ahead of time, because they're in another state for example, but a buyer knows that going into the bidding process and should bid accordingly.

tie6044: go with the info on the Lot Details page. If we discover additional info about an item, we post it there prior to the sale opening. The Current Lots pages are not refreshed as often as the Lot Details pages.

Michael: please send an email to info at govliquidation dot com with the sale and lot numbers. If it was the same photos for all four trucks, then someone was being lazy and we'd like to know about it.

Michael

It was actually 6774 miles on lot 950 sale 3386 then 957, 958,959 have the same pics.

More importantly to those here. Go to your bid history and pull up something you bid on then go to the top right and click on the event ID number. I think you will find something we have been missing.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Michael said:
It was actually 6774 miles on lot 950 sale 3386 then 957, 958,959 have the same pics.

More importantly to those here. Go to your bid history and pull up something you bid on then go to the top right and click on the event ID number. I think you will find something we have been missing.
Cool, but prices are still missing. And on mine it doesn't go back more than a month, the pages are missing, error 404

EdMontana

USMilitarySurplus said:
Sale 3386, which you mentioned EdMontana, had so many lots in it that it had a staggered closing sequence, meaning some of the lots closed at 5pm EST and others at 6pm. These closing times are clearly shown on the website up to two weeks prior to the open date for the sale.
Hello and thanks for replying......maybe I did not make myself clear on my post but here is again.....

When the first guy stroke a bid in the last 15 minutes (after 4:45 PM ) instead the time bump in small increments....it bumped direct to 6:00 PM....some auctions ended after 6:45PM

And that was my question....why was it bumped a full hour at once :!:

I hope I made myself clear now..... :roll:

EdMontana

USMilitarySurplus said:
If you have the sale and lot number, I can make an inquiry, but my guess is that it wasn't really the last 15 minutes. The lot was probably set to close at 6pm.
Hello again, I guess we are in the loop here.....if one try to look the lots on Event 3386 that's what we get:

:arrow: Past Event Bid Results

:arrow: No Lots Found

As you may know, in all BQ Events the lots are blocked from customers view at GL site, I guess the only one that can actually pin point the A3's lot #'s is the GL webmaster.

One thing I know for sure, initially all lots were set to finish by 5:00 PM and not 6:00 PM and only the A3 trucks were bumped to 6:00 PM at once instead the 15 minutes increment.

Also I don't understand why only those lots (3 different locations/States) would be set to close at 6:00 instead 5:00...if that was the case.

Anyway, thanks for your response :wink:

USMilitarySurplus

As stated previously, there was a staggered closing sequence for that sale. It's determined by lot number, not location. In this case, lots 0001 - 3006 were set to close at 5:00PM ET and lots 3050 - 9720 were set to close at 6:00PM ET. Also, lots without bids remain open for one hour after the previously established close time. HTH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks