• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glad hand leak at rear of m1088-check valve replace valve or whole unit?

Reworked LMTV

Expedition Campers Limited, LLC
Supporting Vendor
Hi Guys!
Well I went out to adjust the lash on the front hubs, only to find another issue. On the passenger side rear glad hands, air is rushing out of what I believe to be a check valve.

1. Should I just replace the whole unit (rubber grommet at seal has seen better days)
2. Are these standard or is this yet another special part? : )
3. Should I keep extra glad hands in the truck and some extra check valves or maybe put in a shut off valve?

Thanks!

Reworked LMTV

Supporting Vendor
Did you inadvertently bump the trolley lever in the cab?
Hmmm let me check that. No that does not appear to be the issue.

I spoke with Haldex and they do not sell military gladhands to the public. The check valve is unusual. Maybe to prevent water ingress?

Does the air vent open at an overpressure, or open at at low pressure to release moisture or something?

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Usually caused by a bad valve, not the gladhand itself. TM has troubleshooting flow chart for that issue. Its pretty easy to follow.

Reworked LMTV

Supporting Vendor
Usually caused by a bad valve, not the gladhand itself. TM has troubleshooting flow chart for that issue. Its pretty easy to follow.
Just to clarify, do you mean that it is not likely a faulty gladhands vent?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There shouldn't be any continuous air coming out of any of the rear gladhands unless you are towing and the dash trailer valve is activated. During braking and brake release you can get brief releases of air from the gladhands this is normal. That's why the fibers have small vents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks