• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glad I have my deuce

gunboy1656

Well I went to tried playing in the 19" deep snow with my Dodge Dakota. While trying to clear a path to go to work tonight, it got stuck in my parking lot. We share a parking lot with a church.

Tried everything I could to get the little truck out with no luck. Got it to slide sideways, but that's it. So I walked back across and got out the big pull truck. after digging it out, I tried moving....NO luck....just having the 6 wheel locked out I was spinning tires in its parking spot. locked in the 6 wheel. And out it popped.

Pulled up to it hooked it up with the 12,000 pound straps I have, and out it came...sort of. It went back again sideways, pulled up the deuce again, tug just a little farther and it was free.

We have 19" in the flats, 13 on the side of our hill, and 30 at the end of our parking lot. Since I had the deuce running I made sure to open a spot so I can get out to work tonight.

I don't have pics of the recovery, but got the before pics.

Pic 1 - an hour after the snow started.
Pic 2 - 8 hours after
pic 3 - 0800 this morning
pic 4 - My pickup
Pic 4 - wife's car
pic 5 and on - That is a lot of snow

Attachments

gunboy1656

Just got a text from a friend of mine. she had a carport with an Infaniti in it. NOTE I said had. Sometime last night it all came down on her car.

Luckily the snow is melting already.

Already took the snow off my truck tops.

Last edited:

colin455

Quite the pile of "Northern Alberta rain" you got there. At least yours melts in the same month. I figured it out and here we had snow almost 8 months last year.
Really gotta move some day.
However lake is 75x12 miles and 6 min from work. Can fish for 40 min on my lunches during summer. Can hunt 6 min from work. More trucks in town than cars and 10" lifts not uncommon.
There is an upside.
Still hate snow though.:mrgreen:

baxter

That snow reminds me of Hancock MD back in 1995 we got a ton of snow then it melted and the patomic river flooded the town.I hope that doesnt happen this year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks