• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glass went boom

PAm1009

So i had my driverside window rolled down closed the door and boom too pieces she went. I have never had any problems with the window in the past hopefully its a easy fix the crank still works as should. after just spending $1600 in flexplate and starter guess its my week to complian but wouldnt want anything else but my 09

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's odd, door glass is usually tempered and shouldn't shatter like that, at least not just by closing the door. Might want to check inside the door and see if there are any other reasons why the glass broke when lowered into the door, just in case.

Might be able to find a replacement door glass at the local junkyard....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear about the window, but $1600 for a flexplate and starter.....WOW!!!

Be glad it was the window and notthe vent. The door glass is alot cheaper than the vent glass.

Last edited:

diesel583

Had the same thing happen, someone had put a screw that was too long in the arm rest. Fine when the window was up. It just touched the glass when it was down and the door shut hard

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I may have an original door glass left over from my M1028 rebuild.

You are welcome to it if you want it.

iacucv

1600 for flex plate and starter? I think someone had you! Should be able to put a new engine in for that money. Hopefully you just added 1 extra zero.

rbeasley66

When we, fire department, rescue children from their parents locked by mistake cars, we've learned to break the big, door windows. Never the vent or small opera windows because of the high cost of those. Of course, if the car is running with the AC on or in the shade, we'll wait for a locksmith. If the car is hot, the parents are getting an expensive lesson about leaving their keys in the car with kids in it.

Last edited:

PAm1009

Thanks guys the trucks getting a window put in now. Yea i had some serious starter issues and hopefully im done with this problem. From mechanics not heli coiling the threads right leading to oblonged starter bolts and now one of the starter bolts is washered up.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i had my driverside window rolled down closed the door and boom too pieces she went. I have never had any problems with the window in the past hopefully its a easy fix the crank still works as should. after just spending $1600 in flexplate and starter guess its my week to complian but wouldnt want anything else but my 09
You should have known CHIT happens in threes...