• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GlGrouow Plugs

acz62

Picked up my M1009. Had a break down on the way home and asked a mechanic to install the new ones (Diesel RX) The motor showed 12,500. It was a slow starter to begin with when I picked it up upon delivery. When I went to pick it up it was running (motor started and already running) When I got it home and tried to start it, it failed to start. Asked a trusted mechanic to look at it. He says they looked new (ie he could believe they had 12,500 on them. He said also that there were a couple that were extremely tight (as if they were mushroomed inside) This made me suspious of the first mechanic having done the origical job. I am currently in bed ridden with a hip replacement so I am limited to what I can do. Any ideas whether the first mechanic actually changed them? Were the originals AC Delco and said so or did they have a distinctive code

Matt65

I would recommend using AC Delco 60G glow plugs. Be sure to complete the Resisitor Bypass to prevent the cascade failure of glow plugs. There is a really good step by step trouble shooting section in the TMs that would be worth going through. You don't want to keep burning up new plugs when there could be another issue causing it.

acz62

Plugs are coming out in the next couple of days. I will be looking at them close. My mechanic has tested all of the plugs and they have failed in testing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks