• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GLMVPA Clare MI Show Aug. 14-15, 2009

TedG

Since this has not been posted yet, I thought I would remind the SS family of this great MI event!

August 14, 15 & 16, 2009 : 13th Annual Great Lakes MVPA MV Show/Swap Meet

General Jim's Surplus: Clare, MI

General Jim's is located next to Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare, Michigan, 1 mile north of the north Clare Old 27 Exit.
Swap Meet Spaces: Free to Great Lakes Members (non-member space fee: $15.00)
Free primitive camping for vendors, members bringing vehicles, or military displays
Restaurants and lodging only 1 mile away: contact the Clare Chamber of Commerce at 989.386.2442
Set-up: Anytime after 11:30 a.m. Friday 14 August
Military vehicle display, swap meet, re-enactors welcome
No live firearms or ammo allowed

Should be another great get-together with lots of big and small toys on display. I can get there either Wednesday or Thursday to help set up.

See you there and keep an eye out for the finished HMMWV ECV!

ida34

Ted had several people test fitting there buttocks in the seats at Thunder over Michigan. At least that was until he put up some para cord around the doors. See you guys there.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta get some maintenance done on a truck, less than a week away!

If someone has a deuce front spring set up (for bobbing a truck) they could bring with them.
Air intake elbow for deuce fording kit.
Budd socket (someone had a line on them)
Humvee tires

I'm bringing a set of M880 axles & other M880 stuff

Last edited:

ida34

I sadly, will not be attending this year. My son has a mandatory parade for band on Saturday and I am tapped out after Evansville.

zak

If I can get a trailer rigged up, I'll be bringing my M37cdn. If not I'll be there anyway. Anybody going to bring duece front fenders?

TedG

i'll have some room for parts for sale, so let me what you need. no fenders or tires this year, hmmwv is too small! lol

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ted, I'm coming up Saturday morning, I could use a fuel gauge for the M35 if you have one

n2ojunkie

Hey will anyone have a m109 up there? I just won one from GL and would love to check one out and get some mesurements before I pick it up.

ida34

n2ojunkie

Ok thanks, I d/l all of the manuals I just did see anything about the size and demensions. I'm looking to turn the back into a rv and didnt know how much room i have to mount some tanks under it.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this has not been posted yet, I thought I would remind the SS family of this great MI event!

August 14, 15 & 16, 2009 : 13th Annual Great Lakes MVPA MV Show/Swap Meet

General Jim's Surplus: Clare, MI

General Jim's is located next to Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare, Michigan, 1 mile north of the north Clare Old 27 Exit.
Swap Meet Spaces: Free to Great Lakes Members (non-member space fee: $15.00)
Free primitive camping for vendors, members bringing vehicles, or military displays
Restaurants and lodging only 1 mile away: contact the Clare Chamber of Commerce at 989.386.2442
Set-up: Anytime after 11:30 a.m. Friday 14 August
Military vehicle display, swap meet, re-enactors welcome
No live firearms or ammo allowed
Should be another great get-together with lots of big and small toys on display. I can get there either Wednesday or Thursday to help set up.
See you there and keep an eye out for the finished HMMWV ECV!

Is that "free primitive camping" on General Jim's site there?

67Beast

Sorry guys but I will not be making it over this year. I have a family wedding in Ohio I have to attend. (Damn relatives not scheduling their wedding around my od green actives) Anyway make sure someone takes lots of pics and puts them up. Also if anyone needs decals, just let me know and I'll ship them to you.

Memphisdoug

Do a lot of vendors come for the swap meet on Friday or is most of the action on Saturday? Just trying to make up my mind which day to come. Thanks!

TedG

both days! i'm on site now so that makes two vendors here already more tomorrow & of course friday.

Clint B mowed a big area & Jeff set the big tent more to the west to make room for more trucks on the hill. weather is sunny & 80's all week & weekend! so get your buns to this show!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks