• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glove Box Issues

Have searched all of the technical manuals as well as a CIVE shop manual and can't find info on how to disassemble the glovebox. Need to remove and replace the latch core in order to replace the plastic box (hinge broke)

Does anyone have any links / pics or helpfull advice?

UncleSam

I changed mine out yesterday, and found this on the web....

1. Close latch
  2. push in tab at top inside the glove box
  3. Turn to unlatch position and pull lock out.
  4. un-screw collar.
  5. Reverse to re-install.

Attachments

Played with it for an hour - I'm obviously mechanically challenged... Finally found that putting a tiny allen wrench into the small hole in the center after the tab from step 2 is pressed down will occasionally find its way into a hole in the tab that allows it to be retained in the "down" position. Then step 3 can be done. I then installed it onto the glove box I am using also in the same pinned down and latched position. It was a little aggravating trying to figure it out even with the destroyed cylinder I was replacing to look at and the diagram/instructions above. Definitely less than obvious. Something this simple ran me a little hard, I almost changed the whole glove box instead. See pics attached...on the non-locking model you have to press this (White arrow) to release the cylinder. On a locking model, you press this (white arrow) and insert the key with it depressed, and then it will come out. The key will hold it down once you've inserted it.

Attachments

Last edited:

lindyp38

thank you for this post...i just followed ur suggestions....and its coming along well......no issues with swapping out the locks....

thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks