• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glovebox/cupholders for a 923

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After owning a Deuce for several years I really missed the glove box that it had when I got my first 923. The box behind the seat is nice but not quite as handy. So I started looking around for one that might fit in the 5 ton. I found one made for a boat with 2 cupholders on Ebay that would work just fine. With a little bit of modification it worked so well in the wife's truck that I decided to put one in my 923. Only mod to the box was to notch the right side to clear the defroster duct. It took just a few minutes and my wife's nail polish remover (acetone) to glue the trimmed pieces. After installation I shortened the grab bar and moved it over slightly.

Attachments

Last edited:

jw4x4

That is a great mod. I just looked, and couldn't find it. Do you have a better description so I can locate one???? Nice job.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just search for a Marine locking glovebox drink holder

It seems the price went up last week. I payed $39.

Last edited:

jw4x4

I see some other ones without the cup holders. Placing any drink on the floor board melts the ice and seems to turn it into a steamed beverage. As for Micky D's "sweet tea", it's better used as syrup on pancakes. Sickening sweet to me. Can't even come close to Wreckerman's Tea. Now that's some great tea.

Last edited:

tobyS

Looks good, clean install. How much is left of a drink after spillage from bumps?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Placing any drink on the floor board melts the ice and seems to turn it into a steamed beverage.
The foam cup the "Mickey D" tea comes in will keep ice for quite a while on the floor of the M927. When I was driving my last deuce I had some cup holders that I got at Advance Auto. They would go into the slot under the windshield but they were weak and if you put a full sweet tea cup in one they would sometimes turn loose if you hit a bad chuckhole. Don't get me wrong I love the OP's modification but I have neither the time, talent or patience to do it.

Cannoncocker

Fantastic up grade. I was kicking the idea around to perhaps grafting a glovebox assembly out of a deuce into the 923 dash but it didn't seam to work out right? This is a lot nicer set up. Thanks for the heads up. John.

goldneagle

I found the AD on Ebay. The seller doubled his asking price mid July. It was $28.97 and now $52.68. You can still get one cheap without the cup holders.

I can always make some custom metal ones if I can get the hardware cheap. Basically I need a hinge and lock set. A metal one would be more durable and maximize the area used.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks