• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug card burnt, Can this be fixed? or do i just go with manual switch?

MarcusOReallyus

When a component on a circuit board fries, it's for a reason. Sometimes that reason is simply that the component failed. It happens. More often, it's because some external malfunction caused too much current, or a correct amount of current for too long, to flow through that component.

When you soldered the obvious fault on your circuit board, you probably just enabled the card to work so that whatever external fault existed could show itself again.

I suggest you NOT buy another GP card until you find out what is causing the problem.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the resistance value between the 2nd metal contact down (on the edge of the card near your burnt trace repair) and the one at the very bottom of the GP card?

Or, plug the GP card in and disconnect the Light Blue wire from the relay. Measure the resistance between the Light Blue wire and a good ground. If it's at or near 0 ohms you have a bad card. This measurement should be done with the key in the off position.

Pull the card and see if the resistance goes infinite. If it does not then you have a wiring issue.

Also check the accuracy of your solder repair to be sure you did not inadvertently bridge any traces.

I think your card has defective components.

parlusk

Thank for the reply antenaclimber. I have solved the glow plug problem. i buddy of mine came in today with his m1009 i changed my card out with his and my relay works fine now, cycles as it should and everything. Also, we put my card in his and had the same problem,. relay would not click off. there is a burnt mark on my relay were someone had crossed a wire over so i am pretty sure that is where my problems came from. That is kinda scary to thing that if the glow plug card goes bad the way mine did then there is a chance that it may burn out your glow plugs. now on to the horn staying on when i turn my head lights on haha... Thanks everyone for the help

parlusk

Thank for the reply antenaclimber. I have solved the glow plug problem. i buddy of mine came in today with his m1009 i changed my card out with his and my relay works fine now, cycles as it should and everything. Also, we put my card in his and had the same problem,. relay would not click off. there is a burnt mark on my relay were someone had crossed a wire over so i am pretty sure that is where my problems came from. That is kinda scary to thing that if the glow plug card goes bad the way mine did then there is a chance that it may burn out your glow plugs. now on to the horn staying on when i turn my head lights on haha... Thanks everyone for the help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Horn issue, you may have a bad diode. Search horn diode in the cucv forum. You can simply eliminate it(cut it out).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks