• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug connectors

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Anyone know what connectors I use on the wiring harness for the HMMWV for the 6.2L glow plugs? Want to switch the glowplugs from the spade CUCVs to the round HMMWV type. Getting tired of paying the high price for the spade types. I have 24 round types that have been sitting around for a long time and also getting tired of looking at them. CUCV ain't startin' very well so it's time to change them.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need the orange boots and associated wiring for them? If so, PM me. I have a bad harness I can get you the parts you need.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make up a set of adaptors using a male blade terminal and use a female bullet connector on the other end(to fit the round glowplug).

Just to be sure, you have a cucv, that you want to use humvee GPs on?

What voltage are the humvee GPs rated for?

Just noticed this is in the humvee forum.

Do you have a humvee?

Sorry, I am very confused.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's why I'm confused by his post.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been rubbing my crystal balls since he posted, and I still cannot read his mind.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Am I mistaken that the glowplugs (except for the blade vs round connector) are the same between the HMMWV and CUCV both with the 6.2L engine?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I suck.

And you didn't "see" that? ;-)

Since you have some 24v plugs you could switch you GP system to runs them as 24v.It would just tak switching the terminal ends and running a 24v wire to the GP relay. The orange controller wire will also need to be removed from the GP relay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks