• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Controller Unit

Merlin1

Can anyone tell me if I can put a glow plug controll box from a 6.5 HMMWV into a 6.2? Sometimes the wait light stays on and the box clicks on and off every 5 to 7 seconds on my 1992. I have a wrecked 2016 with a turbo 6.5 that I can rob the box from. I'm just afraid I'll screw something up if I swap it out??? Thanks...

Last edited:

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmmm.... glow plugs are same for both models.... Just saying ... Just make sure to match up any ancillary items.. But dont trust me//

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just contact me on how to replace with a robust unit that does not need a glow plug temperature sensor.

PM me. I can teach you how to make it OR you can purchase one. Probably cheaper in the long run than buying a new regular box.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WELCOME to the forum!
The Protection Control Box is interchangeable BUT it needs to also have the correct TSU installed to work correctly.

Merlin1

Just contact me on how to replace with a robust unit that does not need a glow plug temperature sensor.

PM me. I can teach you how to make it OR you can purchase one. Probably cheaper in the long run than buying a new regular box.
If buying one is best way to go, I have no problem with that. Just having the crashed doner has come in handy for several pieces during our rebuild.
The "Nartron" is what's in the 1992 and the doner is the "KDS".

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a thread with reference to what TSU was required for each EESS box, if I ever find it again it may become a sticky.
Best bet now is to swap box the EESS and TSU from the doner

Merlin1

Well, I did it and everything seemed to work just fine. The only difference was the WAIT light flashed until the plugs were warm and then went off. It would stay solid until ready with the old box. Appreciate all the feedback!