• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Controller

Milkman357

OK My WAIT light stays on even if the engine is at full temp..

SO I'm looking to replace the Glow Plug Controller..

The one on the M-1009 has two wires going to it..

The extra glow plug controller I have I think comes from a HMMMV 6.2L..

Is My Glow plug controller an older model..

The wires going to the Controller have been spliced.. so I'm curious if something was changed... I got this CUCV from Ft McCoy.. btw.

ANY Comments?

I Do have another CUCV that I can swap parts with.. to see if the Controller is bad..I just don't have access to it right this minute....

Attachments

K9Vic

That is not the controller, it a temp sensor to tell the GP controller card the engine is either hot or cold and would be the cause of you issue. The plug was changed likely because the sensor had a different end. That is a updated version of the sensor with newer plug, who ever got that part put the wrong one in, but as long it did the job it was fine. In your situation you should take that picture to the parts store and old sensor to match everything up. The sensor to get the right thread and picture for the plug.

K9Vic

I do not know what that one item circled in red in my the picture is, never seen that before. Is that just sitting there in on the engine that you just placed to take the picture?

The sensor you have is like the one in the picture below that was from a Ford 4.6L engine I think, not Chevy 6.2L. The plug end looks the same and if the tread is the same it would probably work, but I do not know if these sensors have special characteristics that may not make it work right.

The other pictures is what OEM plug and sensor should look like, these are from a 86 M1009.

Attachments

Milkman357

Red

That's the end that plugs into the temp sensor that is currently installed..

LOL The Army must be running out of parts huh? so they gotta piece it together..

I'm gonna look at another vehicle.. thanks!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The temp sensor has been upgraded. The new one has a differnt connector.

The "unknown" item is a GP controller for a HMMWV. Very simular to the early style Civvy glowpluc controller.

The CUCV GP controller is a circuit board that is under the dash by the steering wheel.

Milkman357

I'm sure you just saved me several Hours...
My Free time is like gold.. I do like working on these trucks..So now I can work on something else!

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SO EASY!

Milkman357

vood do who do?

Dang.. this is weird.. but if it works... don't complain right?

This newer M-1009.. was having the glow plug WAIT light stay on...

SOOOO I swapped out the Temp Sensor.. thinking it was bad. NOPE.. not the problem. WAIT light still stays on even after the vehicle was warm..

OK So I took the GLOW PLUG CONTROLLER CARD out of this M-1009 and put it in my older one.. WORKS FINE in the older one.. so I just leave the controller in that vehicle.. and put the older card in the New Truck... NOW THEY BOTH WORK?

Voodoo? MAGIC? LUCKY? Don't know..
My Older M-1009 has the old style temp sensor....
This newer M-1009 has the newer, updated version.. that's the only difference I saw..

When I replaced the Temp sensor in this newer truck.. was I supposed to reset something? Remove and re install the glow plug controller card?

I feel Like I accomplished something...... I'm just confused how I did it?
:?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks