• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug conversion button question

XxSLASHERxX

I have the conversion and my blazer is converted to 12v.

How long should I hold the button in before trying to start it?

Remember I have no glow plug ready light to go by.

cfish

Mine is stock, for the most part. In temps in the teens my Light stays on for 15 seconds. In temps in the 40's its about 8 seconds.

jongainey

I don't have a wait light eater on mine. mine is based on the feel of how cold it is. if i am cold then my truck is cold. i would hold mine for about 15-20 when its cold like cfish said and as it gets warmer the shorter i hold it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
in my opinion, 10-15 seconds is plenty.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, there are other charts out there by the other manufacturers also. Beru has a good one.

I do not recommend wellmens, I have had all the experience I want, with theirs.

AC60G for me.

rednckii

ill putin my two sense its been around 20-30 degrees here in the mornin lately and i have the button conversion as u are talkin about i hold mine in for about 10seconds or so and go from there depending on thewind and cold every now and then i have to cycle them twice to fire her up but works good did the conversion because i was missing the glow plug card hope it helps ya.:grd: