• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug help!!

brad242

When i bought the truck the glow plugs didnt work, and im pretty sure the controlers bad too. when i turn the key nothing happens. Ive never messed with the glow plugs ive used starting fluid to start the truck which i know is bad. But i dont have to after it warms up. Anyone have a idea what i need to do thanks.

stump

just add a push botton switch to the control sylonid by the master cylinder press the botton for 10 seconds and start the truck.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.
Make sure you visit the CUCV FAQ Article (CUCV Wiki) that is at the top of the page on the CUCV Forum. All of the CUCV Technical Manuals are listed and many other helpful bits of information. Download the manuals for reference. Also the wiring diagrams are in the appendix.

Also checkout the FAQ Thread for CUCV's stickey. It is where we try to post helpful tips and tricks.

Almost every question you will have has been asked and answered many times. The advanced search will become your best friend. Please don't hesitate to ask something that you can't find.

Read the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual to find out how a stock system should work. It is simular to the Operators Manual for Civilian vehicles. It tells you where all the lighs, switches, etc are located and what they do.

----------------------------

The TM 9-2320-289-20 tech manual has a troubleshooting guide that covers the glowplug system (and almost every system). Read it, read it again and then test your system.

Post your results and we can point you in the right direction

Warthog