• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug module smoking?

STRAGLER

Let me say how much of a great resource this sight has been to get my n ewly purchased m1008 running!! One ? I coulnt find the answer. The wait light stays on even after its running. Im also getting some overhaeting at the glowplug module board. Looks like the purple wire. Traced it down to find a diode or sometype of resistor tied inline. Im getting 12v on the purple wire w? the control board removed. Any ideas? or troubleshooting? Thanks!!

STRAGLER

OK.... So, I removed the card from the module box again, only to find that the large transistor was toast. Going to go back and check the TM instructions on the wiring specs & volt. to box again. Does anyone know where I could get a schematic of the module card??, maybe could fix it.
Im also puzzled about why this diode is inline withe the 12v purple going to the module box? Also going the check and see if its good, maybe the problem. Ive attached some pics of this diode if anyone has ideas.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen a schematic for the GP controller card. All the other truck's circuits, are in the back of the -20 and -34.

I have replacement transistors, PM me for details.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks