• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug on while running.....is it ok?

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While the truck is up and running is it harmful to activate the glowplugs briefly?

I have a camotek controller which allows be to turn on the glow plugs any time. I'm assuming there is no lockout similar to other controllers.

I understand that other controllers sometimes 'cycle' the plugs for a little while while engine is running after initial start up.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
While the truck is up and running is it harmful to activate the glowplugs briefly?

I have a camotek controller which allows be to turn on the glow plugs any time. I'm assuming there is no lockout similar to other controllers.

I understand that other controllers sometimes 'cycle' the plugs for a little while while engine is running after initial start up.
Should have phoned or texted me. If it is running no need to apply glow control. All the talk of after glow and cycling was an poor attempt at emission control. When one has a computer... there always a computer programmer looking to find something to do or sell an up-date LOL

Five seconds of glow. It starts in three seconds, quickly... just let it warm up a minutes or two and that's in freezing weather.

Just going to get a blister on your finger, CAMO

Owner of Camoteksystems on the web.

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Camo.

I ask because my son was driving and he forgot it was the glow plug control and push it for just a few seconds thinking it was for some of the lights.

SO it's ok but not necessary?

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the heat of the combustion going on in a running engine it would be a really bad idea to run the plugs.

As stated once the engine is running there is no real reason to engage the plugs. I installed new set of plugs and turned them and started the engine. Only ran it for maybe 30secs.

Found out the hard way that my solenoid in the box was stuck on and fried all eight plugs in that 30 sec run time.

You only run the plugs just long enough to start the engine and no more.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks