• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Wiring Mess

jccomer9

So lately I have been having problems with my GPs not heating up so I want to completely bypass the controller card and install a push button. However, I am completely confused because I think someone has messed with it before. Everything I have read never said anything about a relay coming off the GP control card. It looks like the dark blue wire was spliced into and ran to a relay, a white wire goes from the fuse block to the relay, and 2 mysterious purple wires, one leading behind the fuse block and one going up higher in the dash. Any ideas? Im at a loss on how to proceed without potentially messing something up.
20140319_175821_resized.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better determine if your GP relay is correct before proceeding.(isolated ground)

Better be sure it still gets power on the small red wire when the key is on.

If so, then eliminate the homemade wiring and proceed with a pushbutton connected to the light blue wire and ground(as prescribed).

Might want to determine if your GP relay is still using the resistor bank or if it has been resupplied with 12v(my preference).