• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plugs

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah my old box did not have the afterglow circuit but whatever as long as it works and my setup starts down to 10 degrees instantly so no complaints.

The KDS yellow label is supposedly the best out there but I have two spare boxes (used but good) so I'm all set for a while.

Maek

cjd

So I'm hearing this box works fine...just some not fond of the afterglow.

It's running well with the new plugs, as I move well into my 3rd month waiting for the SF97!?!

I wasn't trying to start an argument over the trans pan. Just commenting...Engine oil and filter, easy...differential oil, easy...hubs, easy...coolant, easy. Then you get to the tranny and you have to remove the cross member, rear tranny mount, and there is no drain plug, so a royal PITA. I'll have to assume the chassis was engineered around the original 3 speed, and the 4 speed was an afterthought.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I'm hearing this box works fine...just some not fond of the afterglow.

It's running well with the new plugs, as I move well into my 3rd month waiting for the SF97!?!

I wasn't trying to start an argument over the trans pan. Just commenting...Engine oil and filter, easy...differential oil, easy...hubs, easy...coolant, easy. Then you get to the tranny and you have to remove the cross member, rear tranny mount, and there is no drain plug, so a royal PITA. I'll have to assume the chassis was engineered around the original 3 speed, and the 4 speed was an afterthought.
Mine is a 2009 and still didn't have the transmission drain plug (some had it and some didn't that year), but it is easier than it looks to remove the cross-memeber, overall maybe a 45min-1hr oil change job without any rush and breaks for 1-2 cold ones.

I ordered a new pan with the drain plug, filter and new seal/ gasket, drilled a small hole in the existing pan to let the oil out before removing it (drilled where the plug should be, very carefully at the end to not over-penetrate and push any shavings in; there is a magnet at the bottom).
If anything, flushing the coolant is more time consuming. so if you think that's easy, this will be a piece of cake :)

EDIT: I don't have any previous experience working on cars, so futhermore, pehaps for anyone else maybe it will be a 10 minutes job while having a 6 pack.

Last edited:

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember... on every ATV change.. change the Filter... so you have to remove the pan anyway.
And a quick weld in of a drainplug is easy... 30min if you made it 150%. Keep your garage floor clean when removing the pan.