• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plugs

ragedracer

Yes, I searched...

I found that everyone used to be recommending AC60G's, but now are saying Wellman 070's. Also, everyone was saying buy from ssdieselsupply.com, but now are saying indusadist.com.

I need to order a set... Since indusadist.com seems to be out of stock, how are the ssdiesel ssd-070's? Are those the correct ones?

Thanks!!

rr

BTW: Does anyone know the key cut code? :twisted:

Last edited:

ragedracer

I didn't yet, but their website indicates they are out of stock on the 070's until at least 1/13... I'm heading up north on the 16th, and I need to get this done before then. If it will hardly start at ~35 degrees, it will likely never start at ~10.

I guess I'll go with the SSD..

Thanks!

ragedracer

I went ahead and ordered the SSD070's last night. Got a shipping notification this morning.. I'll let you guys know how long it takes to get them and how they look when they get here!

rr

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The are always listed on ebay and I just checked and now they are not so I believe you are correct on them out of stock.

ragedracer

Got my new plugs today.. Luckily, my trip up north got rescheduled for next week! Otherwise I would have been gone when they arrived, and I wouldn't have been able to take the '09 :cry:.

I just finished putting them in. Very easy! I broke my shoplight, so I did the whole thing in the dark, with the only light source a little miner's headlamp. Took about 45 minutes. I ohm'ed the old ones. 3 read ~1.5 ohms, one about ~14 ohms, and the rest infinite, the meter wouldn't catch any kind of read.

Here's a vid of me starting it with the new plugs. It's sat for about 2 days. It wasn't cold today, ~76f and it was about 58f when I started it. HOLY COW! What a difference! I usually cycle the plugs 3 times, and it takes about 10-15 seconds to start, with plumes of smoke. This time... Well, you'll see! (dark, sorry!)

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/webphotoalbum/?action=view&current=MVI_4068.flv

BTW, the plugs in it were AC13G's. None swollen or broken, all came out very easily.

Last edited:

appalacious

man, that video is depressing. It means my starter probably needs to be rebuilt, since my batteries are topped off and my starter doesn't really get that fast at all.

J

appalacious

sure did.
Thankfully I got that beast to start tonight, even with the slower starter.
J
ps, the 12v starter I put in is from a junkyard, might need to be rebuilt, who knows what its been through.

dmc-4359

Glad to hear its running appalacious.

btw - if you're going to use a 12v setup, I suggest picking up a brand new 12v gear reduction starter. I picked one up off ebay for $102 shipped. Vehicles like this have a way of rendering issues when it is incredibly inconvenient.